Fruil for Stug?

hook1169

"220 221 Whatever it takes" - Mr. Mom , M. Keaton
Hey gang, long time no talk.....

I am ordering a bunch of stuff from Hobbylinc to keep me busy over the winter and hopefully resume my styrene addiction. I have just ordered the 1/35 StuG.III Ausf.G Dec 1943 Production kit and was wondering if anyone knows which Fruil tracks will work with this. Also looking for the right barrel too. But that i think i may be able to find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you both! Pretty excited about this build. First time I am going all out on after Market stuff. Now to research the side armor plating options and PE.

For this one it Perfection might be the goal NOT completion :eek:

ild use teh kit side armor as its pretty good and no real need to pay extra for it :)

If you want to resume your styrene addiction, try to limit the amount of PE. Seriously, going all brass can be a real time suck, especially the PE work involved in the frames for the schurzen. I've read alignment can be a real pain.

I used the dragon kit ones in my current stug III early 45 build. Check the build logs here. The frames don't have the finesse of the orange hobby or voyager sets, but they do come with the kit. The brackets can be replaced with thinner styrene strip stock. I used sheet styrene for the plates and it was so much easier to glue the brackets on.

I seek out stugs now that don't have the traditional frame and panels. The swinging ones are way easier. And cooler looking.

Depends on your skill set and focus I suppose. I only PE when I "feel" like it.

I'd say AM barrel, tracks, and tow cables are a good addition. Zimm sheet is needed if you want to depict a vehicle in that time frame. Next I'd go for fenders - so you can ding them up easier - and tool clamps. After that, well, go hog wild.

Your mileage may vary. ;-)

MaschinenKrueger said:
I'd say AM barrel, tracks, and tow cables are a good addition. Zimm sheet is needed if you want to depict a vehicle in that time frame. Next I'd go for fenders - so you can ding them up easier - and tool clamps. After that, well, go hog wild.

Your mileage may vary. ;-)

I think I will take that advice and go with tools and clamps and fenders. And forego the side armor PE brackets and such. I will need to do some research it sounds like as I didn't know there were various options for the side armor.

Order has been placed, and hopefully by the time it gets here I will finish up my painting on my current project.

Latest posts

Back