Focke Wulf 190

hilld

Hey guys. I have just completed my 1/48 Tamiya Focke Wulf 190A3. This is my fourth build since returning to the hobby after a long absence. It is the third model I have painted using an airbrush. I was a bit intimidated with the Luftwaffe paint scheme but I was pleased with the results. It was also my first attempt at stretching a sprue for an antennae wire. It turned out well except it is a bit thick and I even though I masked the canopy a bit of glue got under the tape spoiling the canopy top. I had fun with the weathering - I used Tamiya Smoke over the eagle decal.

I really enjoyed this project and I look forward to tackling a 109 in the near future.

index.php

[attachment deleted by admin]

the A-3 was a good variant, with a exception of cooling issues and poor sustained rate of turn, it was lighter than later variants and had a very good instantaneous rate of turn combination with its rate of roll, made it very dangerous at high speeds to its prey XD

i built the Butcher Bird FW-190A-8 its in the Animated Airborne Angels if you want to have a peak, nice job with this one, cleanly done.

Thanks Ace. I checked out your animations yesterday. They are amazing. Butcher Bird looks like one tough hombre. Love your paint jobs man!

Hi hilld,
Nice work on the A3. For me, the FW190A is the best looking fighter of all time and you have made another fine representation of one. I could read about and look at pictures and models of the 190 all day and night.
cheers,
FW190

That looks great! - and then when you consider 4th build, 3rd time with airbrush - well it's still great. Doesn't appear like you're getting back to the hobby at all.

Looking really good there.
My first WWII fighter was an Fw190. Although, way back then, it didn't look anywhere NEAR this good

Thanks for posting original photo. Really cool. I wonder who was winning the chess game? :)

hilld said:
Thanks Ace. I checked out your animations yesterday. They are amazing. Butcher Bird looks like one tough hombre. Love your paint jobs man!

i really enjoy your model, cant wait to see what ya come up with next XD

Must be something funky in the url of the pic, hilld.
I couldn't make it work for you, either

Latest posts

Back