first attempt with ak interactive

04svt

thank god for thinner
ok first attempt with my new ak- inteactive streaking grim for modern us vehicles. not sure what that light tan streaking color is or were it came from this is my practice model i think this is from my old pigment test (im guessing) let me know if it looks good

[attachment deleted by admin]

i would vary the lines to some more faded but you have a grasp of it ;)

Hi,
Yeah, it's looking good but as Spud and MJ said, try to add variation to the lines both in intensity, thickness and length.

If you add just a little today, leave it dry and then tommorrow add more, even if it overlaps a bit, that will add variety and suggest the streaking occured over a period of time vs. all in one shot. Another way to get variation is to use the product with and without shaking the bottle first. This allows for a variety in the 'strength' of the color pigment.

You definately got the hang of it though.

hey thanks yall!!! i was nervous at first but im getting the hang of it!!!

noting to be nervous about as its enamel its easy to remove :)

thanks i finally bought that dvd from ak it should be here tommorow along with my buffalo!!!!

Great start 04svt!

The nice thing about AKi products.... You can always Wipe it off !!! and start over...?

Since its a "TEST BED" model.... go for it ! just a little tip thou! Next time you are about to use those AKi stuff. Make sure your decals have been covered with a good coat of clear ! Acrylic based would be nice! Like FUTURE, it help "level them" as if they were part of the paint!!! Then the AKi stuff won't puddle around them ! like it did here on your Glacis plate marking ! It followed the outline of the Decal film ! It may not be that visible here..... but could be more invasive in a more direct line of sight; Like on a turret!

So, what ever CLEAR gloss you put on before you add your decals ! ( IF you do Clear Coat ???) just add another coat of clear once you are done Decaling of course.... ! After everything has dried thoroughly and there is no "slivering" ...! Go nuts on the AKi ! go often to their website for tips on applying their products ! or ask around... many are Well rounded and experienced with their Line of products....

Best of luck

Norm.

thanks schweinhund227, yea i do use future on most my models i didnt use any on this when i first built it it was a test model i didnt have future i always used modelmaster semi clear acrylic but finally got some future and i use it for all my decals now! i just didnt on this one didnt have any at that time!!! not for this model atleast!!!! but i do see what ur talking about!! i only got about 5 min on the front so pretty anxious for the rest of the tank! now after the grim is applied do you put a coat of any kind over the model for more layers or for different colors?

ok i think i have a some vallejo satin layin around, ill check it out thanks again guys!!! hey spud do u lay a coat of satin in between the weathering? for instance like i did the dark grime first would i spray a coat of satin to add another such as rust streaks? and so on! i did this before when i used oils to keep the thinner from getting to the oils i allready put on the model!!! yea i know im a noob!!! :)

that's what i do because i don't like to wait for the previous layer to cure over night. im not one that can do one step and wait a day or more for the next stage

Latest posts

Back