Finally getting the new workshop together

That rod that the moto is hanging from telescopes ?
Can't you just wrap tape around the joint(s) or drill and pin them ? Maybe I don't understand what you're talking about .
If you're planning on living there forever , just hang it on the wall .

That rod that the moto is hanging from telescopes ?
Can't you just wrap tape around the joint(s) or drill and pin them ? Maybe I don't understand what you're talking about .
If you're planning on living there forever , just hang it on the wall .
I was gonna either try to epoxy them or use super glue to at least make the sections tighter. I only have my bench drill for now, and no way to hold round stock to drill into.

The complex's managment would likely not let me mount it to the wall.

Wow .
No wall art or wall mount TV's in that complex .
Nihilists Deluxe
They allow wall art, but you have to use "regular picture hangers", which I assume are the screw it wall mounts. But I am not sure. I only have that deer plaque of Dad's anyhow, i am nervous about drilling into the walls, especially since I dunno exactly what they mean by a regular hanger. They don't allow suction or adhesive types.

That shouldn't be a problem -- ask management if you're really concerned .
Those type of hollow wall anchors will hold a lot of weight in shear . I think they go up to 65 lbs for the larger ones , but obviously you need the smaller ones .

Those type of hollow wall anchors will hold a lot of weight in shear . I think they go up to 65 lbs for the larger ones , but obviously you need the smaller ones .
I shall do so.

Probably will use the hooks, as they'd be easier to install.

As said, I only have the deer plaque and Zoe only has a couple anime movie posters she can easily get framed. So not much to put up.

Those type of anchors are super easy -- they screw right in , just punch or drill a starter hole about the size of the tip of the thing .
They're the only style anchors I use for drywall .
I always switch out whatever crappy anchors come with whatever needs to be hung .

they're usually these garbage anchors :
101853787.jpg

WORTHLESS

Only problem I know of is the holes they leave are huge, and management hates the patch job left behind afterward.

I'd suggest poster tack for wall art.

Huge ?
Nope - not the smaller ones .
It's the same process to patch and repaint regardless .

These things use tiny nails so it's about the smallest hole you'll ever get .
They have them with 2 or 3 nails and go up to over 100 lb shear load if I remember . This one is 50 lbs
The loop on the moto should have no problem engaging the hook .
and you can even tape a sheet of something to the wall below it so the moto doesn't mark up the wall over time .

ook-picture-mirror-hanging-50025-64_1000.jpg

These things use tiny nails so it's about the smallest hole you'll ever get .
They have them with 2 or 3 nails and go up to over 100 lb shear load if I remember . This one is 50 lbs
The loop on the moto should have no problem engaging the hook .
and you can even tape a sheet of something to the wall below it so the moto doesn't mark up the wall over time .

View attachment 87091
Hmm... that looks like a really good idea.

I think there are a couple holes from the shelves that used to be in the room(previous tenant used it as a pantry) that I may be able to use that. Or something similar.

LOL - see , management didn't even patch those holes before renting it .
Those picture hangers work really well .
They have them at Home Depot , Lowes , ACE etc , probably Walmart too

You might want to hold the moto up against the wall like it would hang with one of those hooks since the housing will be resting against the gyp . If you're going that route .
IDK if sound transfer will be an issue for you . Could always stick a piece of foam between .

That is awesome, my wife and I have a four foot folding table each in opposite corners of our living room with all of our tools paints and equipment.

One of the best things about being grown-ups

Attachments

• 20210826_111919.jpg
    20210826_111919.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 5
That is awesome, my wife and I have a four foot folding table each in opposite corners of our living room with all of our tools paints and equipment.

One of the best things about being grown-ups
Yes. Though we don't like acting our age sometimes... like the one time a few years back when we did Thanksgiving with her family and stayed in my GF's old bedroom overnight.

She jad just bought me an early Christmas present, a Bandai Soul Of Chogokin super robot toy(toy collector too:) ), and her mom came in to ask us if we wanted anything to drink at one point... to find us having a war of my super robot team vs some of her old transformers she still had there.

Keep in mind, I was 42 and she was 34. :D

That is Awesome!

At first our friends were like "This is your apartment?" Now it's "Hey we got our *whoever to watch the kids, is it cool if we order takeout and hang at your place?" And we're in our fifties.
Very cool.

I only have in my circle one family, and their daughter is kinda crazy, so when she was younger we had to watch her around my stuff. But she was trained well as the father is a collector too and made sure she knew to not mess with his stuff without permission.

But she is now 11 goin on 20(in her mind), and is too cool to mess with our stuff now, as she is a wannabe goth and trying desperately to act adult.

My sister in law had married a guy with three pre teen daughters and they had a blast coming over because we would put a plastic tarp down then a card table over it with lots of newspaper.
And they would have tons of craft time with their music or one of a gazillion 50's or 60's monster movies playing in the background.
Nice.
E and my girl will put on movies on Youtube or long documentaries when we work on stuff.

Latest posts

Back