Fail to prepare...prepare to fail

Not to keen on painting figures myself so I feel your pain.

Nice job on them though.

Your faces look good to me :),keep at it ... The build is looking good too ...nice work !

Chris.

;D is there anything you are not good at ????

LOL

nice work on those faces...

it can only go UP from here...

Keep up the good work and Stay on Schedule !

Waking up Happy ?? what's that ? ;)

;D ;) That's Top Shelf Mate !!! Awesome Details ! Great Job on th Faces !! Rock-On !!! Super Detailing at it's best !! :eek: ;D

Up early to model - that's the spirit! I'd say your passion is back. That's a great thing Jon.

ShutterAce said:
Those guys look pretty worried to me. :D

haha thanks for saying that !! they are from various Hornet sets of shocked or anxious expressions!! so they at least look like they are supposed to ! I am glad they came out so you get some feel for their mood!

Thanks for all the comments guys, Scott - the passion is certainly back... with a between-the-shoulder-blades ache that I haven't had since the last contest lol

Ouch! had that last week - well lower back actually. I'm 36 and my body is starting to fall apart - lol.

Really like the faces, especially as you have done so few. You seem to have that technique down also.

Nice work on those faces. As for details, that is what happens when you put them in. The just fade out if they are done correctly. We all have expectations as to how things are suppose to look and when they look right they just don't stand out. I think that if they don't fade out, you are doing something wrong.....

Hello guys

thanks for all your words on this material, I have done a little update here

Comment on "Diorama cobbles, kubelwagen, m8 greyhound and figure update."

I am very busy with my wedding plans... it's just 3 months 16 days until the big event so as you can imagine it is tough to juggle that with a model like this, particularly when you're cobbling a street by hand. Some may wonder why I am doing this the hard way, but when you want unique - you've GOTTA do it the hard way or it's never truly yours. Buying cobble styrene or casting would cheating ;)

All the best
Jon

Those Cobbles are Genius !! I'm jumpin' th Gun here, but when you go to paint th Cobbles what do you seal it with ? You hit th Nail on th head -

"but when you want unique - you've GOTTA do it the hard way or it's never truly yours. Buying cobble styrene or casting would cheating ..."

Cool Video !! Smokin job on th Kubel !! That M8 is Rockin' right along . That Interior is Bangin !

CHEERS !

hello,

the lentils will get covered with filler to "Cement" them in. Is this what you mean by sealing them? or do you mean sealing them against moisture etc?

cheers
Jon

You have completely opened up the legume family to diorama purposes. Great idea, and it looks bang on.

Hi :) I can't claim to have invented the lentil idea... I don't really know who did, but I heard it YEARS ago. So much so that despite the very long shelf-life of a bag of lentils these things went out of date in 2007... and they had years to go when I bought them. They've been hanging round for years until this day when BAM! out they come to do their job.

Panzerace - ah I see what you mean, yes they'll need some kind of sealing, otherwise who knows what could happen. I've heard horror stories about rodents and insects eating dioramas which used foodstuffs! The underside is fully sealed already with PVA. There is a very thick bead of PVA around the outside of the diorama plus the lentils themselves are glued into what is essentially a sheet of pva. I was very generous with the glue. There is a little secret twist I am planning which will mean I don't need to seal... I am not going to ruin the surprise but ;) I reckon they'll be fine.

All the best
Jon

Latest posts

Back