F4F-Wildcat...Racer

Bleh..no pics yet, I did a tiny bit today, re-scribed the flaps on the bottom of the wings.

Finally got a good full modeling session in. Finished scribing the flaps, not bad for my second time ever scribing. Glued together the wing sections, again the model is showing its age, gaps galore, along with raised places on one wing and trenches in the other, so it looks like another round of sanding, this time with puttying. Other things glued together, the wheels, the wheel mount, the elevators.

I finally was able to get a couple pictures taken

ContestEntry003.jpg

ContestEntry004.jpg

ContestEntry005.jpg

ContestEntry006.jpg

Thanks...there are days I feel like I'm standing still as everyone is flying by with there models.

Oh..something I forgot in my last post...I have to finish this by the 16th of June...I'm going to Florida and wont be back til the contest is over..so I have to get my butt in gear. ^_^

Talen said:
Thanks...there are days I feel like I'm standing still as everyone is flying by with there models.

Oh..something I forgot in my last post...I have to finish this by the 16th of June...I'm going to Florida and wont be back til the contest is over..so I have to get my butt in gear. ^_^

Ya having 2 weeks less makes a big different. good luck!

its a plane....!!!

I buttoned up the fuselage and attached the wings. A couple nights before I painted and then black washed the engine. Another round of putty and sanding and it should be ready for some primer and paint....I hope anyway.

I'm trying to finish this model..I have 4 days left..and its fighting me left and right, I hope to get a base coat on it tomorrow, if I can get it cooperate.

Mine is much the same, I have glue seams that keep coming undone. Keep at it, and don't let it get you down. I don't have much time left on mine either.

I say to myself, completion, not perfection as I see scratch marks that I missed when I was sanding. At this point, I have to hope the paint covers most of it.

As of an hour ago I am no longer a airbrush virgin. After a little paint thickness adjustment and unclogging I put down the first coat of white on the plane (well after a little pre-shading). Looks like its going to need a couple more thin coats before I can mask it off for the other color. I'll be at the line, but I think I might just make it.

I am with you on this one. I see myself finishing up the paint job right on the deadline.

I got the air brush out tonight and did some initial painting. I forgot how much better it works than rattle can.

I don't think that mine will be perfect either, but I think with this short of a deadline, most builds will have a few flaws. That's what makes it interesting.

Latest posts

Back