F4E Revell 1/32 Circa 1975

smokeriderdon

I have decided to half shelve the 141 as I am just not feeling it. So I pulled this one out of my stash in the storage unit. I built this baby back in the 70s when it was a new release. I snagged this one from Ebay. I purchased Legends resin cock pit set. It cost more than model. LOL I have removed the casting blocks and have started painting. When some good progress is made, I will post more.

F4E%20sprues_zpsuaqu7tmy.jpg

F4E%20resin%20cockpit_zpsmcoxgews.jpg

Nice, I have one of these old Revell phantoms in the stash so will be keeping an eye on this.
The resin looks good

OK, so havent been doing a lot of model work, but I have made some progress. After the fiasco I had ordering some PE for the cock pit and remove before flight tags (see my thread Company review in the reviews section for the whole story) I got some from a different company:

PE_zpsup0mbinf.jpg

I also picked up some resin wheels and metal landing gears:

resin%20wheels_zpsq01nlmpn.jpg

I am about half done with the office, and I figured I should blue tack it all together then test fit it in the fuselage and see if I need to do any major carving:

tacked%20tub%201_zpsfu7lkw7y.jpg

tacked%20tub%203_zpsbs50quuq.jpg

test%20fit%203_zpshbrlcamu.jpg

So it appears that I wont have to sand anything off the tub. But I do have to dremel the edge of the cock pit frame so the resin side will show correctly. And I need to figure out how to get it in there nice and straight and stay that way until the glue sets.

Thats all for now.

Lots of work done on the cock pit. Pretty much done. I had to make my own ejection handles as the resin ones had flash and trying to clean them resulted in breakage. This is what I managed...

And here is the mostly finished product. I am going to wait to add the back seat panel and side panels until I actually put it in the fuselage.

tub%20done1_zpsfetlfxng.jpg

tub%20done2_zpsifpprzei.jpg

thats it for now. I think it turned ut half way decent.

Thank you sir. :) After working on the 86, I wrestled with this hunk of resin trying to figure out just how in Gods name I am going to secure it in the fuselage. This is NOT going to be easy at all.

Latest posts

Back