ESCI 1/72 C-47

icekj

Here are a few pics of my latest completed build. 1/72 ESCI C-47 done up in D-Day markings. Was built for a group build at ARC but a in process is over at agape.

Nice build and fun... Built OOB except for True Details wheels/tires. This is my 8th completed build sence getting back into the hobby last fall.

Skytrain11.jpg
Skytrain10.jpg
Skytrain02.jpg
Skytrain03.jpg
Skytrain12.jpg
Skytrain13.jpg
Skytrain14.jpg
Skytrain15.jpg
Skytrain08.jpg
Skytrain16.jpg
Skytrain17.jpg

Enjoy and God Bless,

Ken

Great build!

I am going to have to add that kit to the "to-do" list.

Well done!

I can't get over all those panel lines, are they OOB or did you scribe them? I've never seen that before.

Nicely detailed. ;)

Thank you for the compliments!

The panel lines were the recessed kit lines. I did re-scribe the places on the seams where they wiere filled in or sanded away. After the kit was decaled a coat of clear gloss was applied. I airbrush the Future brand liquid floor wax for this. I then use the ProModeller brand washes to bring out the panel lines. I then add a final cloat of clear flat or clear semi-gloss. I have found the ProModeller products very easy to use and just about as idiot proof as you can get.

If you would like to see the full build thread it is over on AgapeModels.com
http://agapemodels.com/forums/index.php?topic=2074.0

God Bless,

Ken

Oh how I love panel lines and a carefully applied wash. Good job sir and i've not been in a mood for modelling for weeks now but seeing your lovely bird has inspired me to get off my behind and do something so thanks for that ;D

Thanks for sharing this beautiful aircraft. The washes bring out the detail really nicely.

Chas

Thank you everyone for your positive comments!

incrediblefruit said:
Oh how I love panel lines and a carefully applied wash. Good job sir and i've not been in a mood for modelling for weeks now but seeing your lovely bird has inspired me to get off my behind and do something so thanks for that ;D

Woohoo! Glad I could be of help. Now go build something. :p

Atomicdog said:
That is awesome! Very nice! :)

Thanks you sir. The 65th anivisary of D-Day is only a few days away. I wanted to get this one done before that.

youch said:
Thanks for sharing this beautiful aircraft. The washes bring out the detail really nicely.

Chas

Thanks Chas, The panel lines are all stock from the ESCI kit, all I did was rescribe them where filling sanding removed.

God Bless,

Ken

Latest posts

Back