Eduard Mig-29 48 scale

Wayne - Great work on the cockpit, cans, and the QB nose.

Thanks all for your comments. I am just trying to fix the bad fit in the areas of the cockpit. I inserted thin plastic strips in the gaps near the cockpit and am sanding that. When finished I am going to have re-scribe the panel lined that were lost. I also have one of the intakes on. Same there, the fit isn't the best. Lots of filling and sanding here also.

Pictures are pending when I get some of the boring parts done.

Thanks,
Wayne

Nice work there Wayne :) ...Cockpit looks the business mate .

Chris.

I'm totally diggin' the cockpit Wayne, sucks to hear that the fit so far is turning in to some work. Looking forward to your next update.

Jason

Got the Quickboost resin nose super glued on. Now I have to flare it into the forward fuselage. It won't be that hard, the fit is pretty good. I have some scribing templates on order and should be here next week so I scribe some panel lines that got lost while sanding the kit.

Pictures to follow when the nose is done. I had to put some shims on the top intakes to push the forward fuselage up to meet where the hump on the fuselage meets the hump just behind the cockpit.

Yes I am working on it, just not enough progress worthy of picutres.

thanks,
Wayne

Now that I have everything sanded, I am trying to mate the front fuselage with the rear. The problem is a large step on the hump behind the cockpit. I added some shims to the top of the inlets to boost the front cockpit up to ease the step a bit. I am still going to move up a bit when it is glued but I won't have to use as much pressure as if I didn't have the shims in place.

Wayne

DSCF3234.jpg

DSCF3236.jpg

I glued the 2 main parts of the fuselage together, a major milestone in the build. As usual the fit was less that desirable. I am using superglue as a filler because I need to re-scribe some panel lines and Mr. Surfacer doesn't stand up to the job, at least for me. I also got something else for the build, Quickboost's intake covers.

Wayne

DSCF3237.jpg

DSCF3238.jpg

DSCF3240.jpg

DSCF3239.jpg

DSCF3241.jpg

Started to do some more work around the cockpit. In the first and second picture, I folded a piece of PE and glued it on the outer portion of the cockpit to level out the area. I was "fun" trying to fold the large piece without warping it. I super glued it together to try and make look like it was one piece. The PE was a little wider that the cockpit sills so I had to file the edges down a bit. I then put super glue along the edges to fill in the grooves. I finally put some Mr. Surfacer on then lightly sanded that down.

In the 3rd and 4th pictures is the top piece for the cockpit sills with all the detail on it. I broke a rail for the ejection seat but was able to save it and will glue it on after some of the other work is done around that area. Next I have to dip the canopies in Future.

thanks for looking.

DSCF3245.jpg

DSCF3246.jpg

DSCF3247.jpg

DSCF3248.jpg

The office is coming together nicely there Wayne!!! Keep it coming!! ;)

That office is looking very nice.

The rest of the bird looks to be coming together fairly well, too.

That's one pile of work man. Looking great though. I'm sure you'll get all the fit issues figured out. Cockpit is rockin.

Noted your comment on the fit of the fuselage halves....seems to be common with all manufacturers to varying degree I guess....Tamyia, Italieri, everyone. Your work looks impressive!

thanks all for your comments so far. The cockpit is done as much as I can do for now. The rest will have to wait till I am ready for the canopy and windscreen which has the Future hardening right now. In a few days I can start to work on those. Next up is the wings.

Thanks again,

Wayne

DSCF3260_zps8ee8cfae.jpg

DSCF3261_zps06fecb64.jpg

Back