Eduard Hellcat 48 scale

She is painted. I am hoping to get the gloss coat on tonight so it will have a couple of days to harden while I at work.

All comments are welcome.

Wayne

painted1.jpg

painted2.jpg

painted3.jpg

painted4.jpg

Looks great Wayne. I like the panel effects on the wings.

Actually Scott, I didn't preshade. I am lousy at doing the preshading. I darkened the base color then painted the base color into the panels. Usually that works but since the top color was so dark to begin with I added some white to the dark blue then filled in the panels. I then brought the airbrush back and gave the model a overall spray to blend every thing in.

Thanks for the comments guys.

WayneBt said:
Actually Scott, I didn't preshade. I am lousy at doing the preshading. I darkened the base color then painted the base color into the panels. Usually that works but since the top color was so dark to begin with I added some white to the dark blue then filled in the panels. I then brought the airbrush back and gave the model a overall spray to blend every thing in.

Thanks for the comments guys.

It looks like that works perfectly. ;D

WayneBt said:

Cool, I thought it was a pre-shade for sure, more than one road to Rome I guess...

I just find with this method I have more control than with preshading. I can sometimes be too heavy with a coat and that would get rid of any effect of the pre-shade. I can also make the fading more "random" than with painting over the panel lines.

Definitely gonna have to try that technique some day. That paint scheme looks a bit different than normal, interesting variation.

Looks great Wayne. Hope work does not keep you away from this build for too long cause we are all wanting to see more. Love that panel effect. I usually pre-shade but this technique you use is something I am going to try next time around.
cheers,
FW190

The decals are going on. One of the star and bar on the fuselage broke apart when I put it on so I am using he kit decals for the national makings. I will be using the Superscale decals for the rest. The 2 sheets don't have a the same shade of blue for the background for the star. Pictures will follow.

Wayne

Decals are on, I will post a pic tomorrow before giving it a gloss coat. One thing I found about the kit decal sheet, whoever designed the layout of the sheet, didn't talk to the guy who did the layout of the instructions. The labeling of the decals didn't match the instruction sheet. AND, there is only ONE t in water not 2.

:eek: :eek:
Thanks for the heads up on that Wayne. I will check the spelling on my decals soon as I get home from work.
Can't wait to see ya pics.
FW190

FW190A-8 said:
:eek: :eek:
Thanks for the heads up on that Wayne. I will check the spelling on my decals soon as I get home from work.
Can't wait to see ya pics.
FW190

I've got to do that too. Hopefully it will be a simple cut and paste repair.

I have the decals on and with the weathering and final clear coat. I am going to attempt to airbrush the exhaust staining. The picture are not the best. The battery pretty well died as I was taking the last photo.
All comment are welcome.
Wayne

weather.jpg

weather2.jpg

Here is another kit that I am working on. Have a week left before the contest in Shearwater in Dartmouth NS.
Classic Airframes Vampire Mk3 442 Sq. RCAF

almost.jpg

The Hellcat is turning out really nice Wayne, but I really like the Vampire.

She's looking sweet Wayne. As I said on page 2 of this thread, I am really impressed with that panel line technique of yours. I won't be game to try it out on my contest project (in case I mess it up) but as soon as the contest build is over I will be giving it a go myself.

Latest posts

Back