Eddie and Ercie Hill Top Fuel Dragster.

Eagle-1

Here's a kit I completed awhile back. Found a bunch of these kits when Big Lots used to have some kits for the huge sum of $.99 cents each. I bought two, but I should have picked up the other 20 or so they had. How often do we find them for a dollar anymore?

I built it mostly out of the box. I did, however, make the exhaust headers out of some solid aluminum rod turned on my lathe to hollow them out on the ends and bent them into shape and added some bare metal foil to the front wheels so they would more closely match the wheels seen on the actual dragster. I also added the dual plug wires to each cylinder/magneto and some braided steel hoses. So I guess not 100% "outta the box", huh?

;)

penn1.jpgPennzoil.jpgpenn2.jpgPennzoil2.jpgpenn.jpg

As always, I welcome ANY feedback and I hope you enjoy this.

Rob.

Last edited:
Rob, that's a beautiful build of that dragster. Great work and I love the tweaks you did to it especially the headers.

Thank you dazed!

I have a VERY hard time building things straight out of the box. I'm building one of the aoshima Road Warrior Interceptors that came out a few years back. I've scratch built several things for it because I like the version we saw for the first time in Mad Max before it got all damaged. Had to create a trunk, a rear window, revised the roof fin and built a front fascia. To get the proper "B. F. Goodrich T/A radials, I trashed a die-cast model of a ford mustang.

If ya' wanna see that, just let me know. It's not done yet, but I do have some "in progress" pictures?

Rob.

Rob, by all means share the progress on the interceptor. I'm sure everyone here would be glad to see the work you're doing to it.

Peter

Latest posts

Back