Ebay model sellers

arohk

Hey all I didn't know if there was a post already done on this but I thought if people buy models or supplies through Ebay we should list sellers who we have delt with and trust so people who are new to this hobby or even vets can feel comfortable buying from trusted sellers.

I will start this by listing this seller he is pretty new to selling on ebay here is his link.

http://myworld.ebay.ca/acmehobbies&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID&_trksid=p3984.m1543.l2533

His name is Neil I have bought from him before he opened his ebay store he lives about an hour away from me and we got to know each other his prices are really good and he is a great person to deal with some of the ones I posted the last 3 or 4 in the post what's new in your stash were bought from him.

Good post, I went to my ebay but its been a little while since I've purchased anything and I dont frequent one particular store or person. I havent had any bad experiences yet but I will definitely check out your link. Thanks!

I used to sell on EBay, but when you sell and item for $20, and between the ebay fees and the paypal fees they take $5 of that $20....not really a winning combination.

I know they have changed quite a bit as it has been 3 or so years since I have sold on there.

I opened my own website, which costs me nothing to post an item for sale other than keeping the lights on for the website itself.

Hey arohk, I really like that you know the guy your buying from. I haven't order too much off of ebay, the only model I bought was a CH-53E and that was with the help of Scott from ECH. I prefer to do business with people I know, whether it's online or at a LHS. Of course I do buy stuff online but its only trusted sources, Spru Brothers etc. Altough, and I hope Scott doesn't mind this, ECH is absolutely great! Scott has access to everything out there and his prices are spot on and shipping is easy! Really, if your going to support a seller, I say support Scott! Look at it this way, the more business us SMA'ers give Scott, the more prizes he can donate to the Big Spring Contest etc...

Sometimes I browse ebay if I'm looking for a specific kit, usually an old OOP one. For instance, I just purchased the old Hasegawa kit of the S2F Tracker anti-sub plane with, and heres the scoop, a complete & sealed set of Flight Colors decals for Canadian Armed Forces service. Delivered to my door for $32.16. From a fella (aperfectroof) in Ontario. Otherwise, if I'm looking for a newer kit or goodies for one, I will go out of my way to support my LHS. We gotta do what we can to keep them places going, internet is awesome and very convenient but there's nothing like wandering the isles with a million ideas popping through your mind, stuggling to decide on which one's gonna be your next masterpiece/disaster. I love the smell of Tenax in the morning!!

Bullet21 said:
Sometimes I browse ebay if I'm looking for a specific kit, usually an old OOP one. For instance, I just purchased the old Hasegawa kit of the S2F Tracker anti-sub plane with, and heres the scoop, a complete & sealed set of Flight Colors decals for Canadian Armed Forces service. Delivered to my door for $32.16. From a fella (aperfectroof) in Ontario. Otherwise, if I'm looking for a newer kit or goodies for one, I will go out of my way to support my LHS. We gotta do what we can to keep them places going, internet is awesome and very convenient but there's nothing like wandering the isles with a million ideas popping through your mind, stuggling to decide on which one's gonna be your next masterpiece/disaster. I love the smell of Tenax in the morning!!

I like to support local hobby stores also but we only have one good one in the city and its getting more geared to R/C stuff the selection of military items is getting smaller, there are other stores up Island and of course the fellow I know also. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those trackers with the Canadian markings though I use to watch them fly into the base in Halifax all the time.

Latest posts

Back