Dreamknight, need your help

T

tucking fypo

I want to paint the navigational deflector of my 350th scale refit Enterprise but don't quite know how. Is it just a quick burst from a couple inches?

I realize this should be a common knowledge kind of thing but I've only really used the airbrush as a graduation step from rattle cans.

Hey T.F.

I would just try out your airbrush on some scrap plastic (some sheets, old a cheap/junk model, or clear plastic, I sometimes even use white paper taped to cardboard). Practice with it spraying at different distances, with different airpressures and mixes of paint to thinner ratios. Best way to find out, is just to try it out... and practice with using it.

And if worst comes to very worst have a plan on how to strip the paint, and try again.

JMac

it's just that the part is concave or convex depending on which side I paint. Thought that maybe someone would have tips on that. I will practice though. It's always a good idea.

tucking fypo said:
I want to paint the navigational deflector of my 350th scale refit Enterprise but don't quite know how. Is it just a quick burst from a couple inches?

I realize this should be a common knowledge kind of thing but I've only really used the airbrush as a graduation step from rattle cans.

Is the deflector dish already glued into the array? Or you talking about painting the array itsef?

Latest posts

Back