Dream job

Drpepeprz

Just wanted to share this with you...

I have recently been put on a medical category and am on my way out of the Canadian Forces so they took me out of my unit to put me in a "transitional" unit where I half expected to prety much tweedle my thumbs for the next year but NOOOOOOOO ......turns out they need a modelist at the Shearwater Aviation Museum to maintain their collection and i just found out I GOT THE JOB! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D this is gonna be a fun year!

Quaralane said:
Cool.
Maintaining may not be building, but cool

Yeah, they lost their modelist a couple of year back so they have a lot of models taht need fixing, and once i'm caught up with that, they do have a few that they want built too :)

Cool, I know the folks there quite well. Good bunch to be associated with. And who knows, after the year, they may hire you on full time once you are fully out of the military.

I didn't even know that was a thing ;D. That's a cool job, well done. What are you going to do in your spare time now ? ;)

Congrats.
But I like to think building models for a living is fiction.
Like unicorns, the Easter bunny or. Good answer to 'do I look fat in this'. Just does not exist.

That way I don't convince myself that I could try and do it :)

WebbyNZ said:
Congrats.
Good answer to 'do I look fat in this'. Just does not exist.

LOL so true

there is a stand up comedian here in Quebec that did a part on that!!

he says when she ask you "Do i look fat in this " YOU STFU and say nothing its the only safe move!! ..

Congrats on the new job posting ! dont break anything now those are museum pieces not model! :p

one cool job..i have a good partime job work in my mates gym all the sweat and protein comes free..but would love yours you lucky lad

WebbyNZ said:
Congrats.
Unless you're one of those guys in the UK with a pay site.
That's all they do (at least one of them) besides making their wash and sand sticks and charging people money for access to their forum and videos.

Black Sheep 1 said:
WebbyNZ said:
Congrats.
Unless you're one of those guys in the UK with a pay site.
That's all they do (at least one of them) besides making their wash and sand sticks and charging people money for access to their forum and videos.

Those that can do it, my hats are off to them. I know a few guys that pretty much all the do are commission builds. If you have the time and the talent and people willing to pay for your work...then why not?

Don't hate because they have people that will buy what they build.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Don't hate because they have people that will buy what they build.
Who says I'm hating? That's not something I do.
I have bought some of his washes and sanding sticks and, until recently, I was a member of his site.

Sorry, just your statement makes it sound a little like you are coming down on them because of what they do.

My mistake.

Latest posts

Back