Dream closer than i thought....

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
right now i have a job that is paying ok, and right now i have $130 saved away... right now if it was not for shipping, i could get my Tamiya 1/32th scale P-51D Mustang which i have been drooling over for i don't know how many months now... one more... payday... just one more...... and i can order her..... and she WILL ME MINE!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.

on another note, Gentleman, if you want to get the ladies, go work with horses! there is about 6 of us, and im the only guy in the whole group... usually... 8)

Lol are you sure you want to blow it all in one go... :p

spud said:
Lol are you sure you want to blow it all in one go... :p

every time i get money, it always goes to phone bills, or something like that, i figured its time to quit being such a scardy wart and have some fun with my money.... now i have money saved, i have enough money saved to get it right now actually!!

now that i have done the calculations... i have a total of $170 which would probably be enough! however i have more fees i need to pay.... my certification.... laundry... food for times i am not home... trying to keep up with everything... usual bullcrap. so i have put enough money away so the next time i get paid... i get the kit... and have enough money to pay for my expenses...

i have done my calculations... I should be able to afford the kit, and no... i would not be blowing all my dollars at one time... ;D YAY!!!

Good to hear Ace!!! its your hard earn money, you had your right to spend it... working with horses? I wish I live in a country ;D btw what's the score between you and the cute girl that your talking to? ;D

wow thats cheap :eek: tempted to grab it my self but ima haold off on it for now.

@spud
yea that is cheep, i want to buy it from elm citty hobbies, but on the safe side that is going to cost me $170... but that would save me $40 bucks right there! i could get a 1/48th scale one as well with that... but i want to get it from Elm City Hobbies...

@Eastock
usuall drill bud, same outcome as with every other girl, she is back with her EX and never even wanted to hang out with me, but me and her are really cool friends, it may be best that way... she still talks too me and stuff as a friend, me and her get along real well.

@schweinhund227
man i could almost get that right now, could save $40 bucks right up front... Elm City Hobbies wants $160+ $170 on the safe side, but i want to buy some stuff from him....

@whiskee
yea got some thinner, this is going to be a big enough project that i can order some paints for the fusilage along the way. i want to get some Hubrol... i think thats how you spell it. i have noticed people who paint buy brush really like using hubrol with good results... don't know if its better than testors... but i think it is beacuse i have watched people using testors just dump it for Tamiya, Valajo or Humbrol

@Grendels
sure is...

schweinhund227 said:
It's your money! Your 'tha' Boss!

Take care buddy!

thanks bud, i have always wanted to buy something nice from elm citty hobbies. XD

lol i would buy from scott it he want on the other side of teh planet. mabe he could supply me with free shipping :p

yea I figured the shipping was the catch,, didn't go that far but for someone overseas it might be a better deal than US.
I believe in supporting the brick and morter guys like ECH whenever possible.
I have a local one that I always stop in and pick up something when I'm in the area and talk hobby stuff.. He can't discount like the big monster stores but He is a good friend and I want to his services stick around.

Thing with the shipping, is I don't have any control over the price. I charge what Canada Post tells me to charge. Problem with that is, anything over 1kg (approx. 2.2lbs) automatically gets bumped up to Expedited US shipping, as opposed to the cheaper Surface or Air shipping. And the Mustang kit alone is about 1.3kg or so, just the kit alone, nevermind the box and packing material it would be shipped with.

You have to be careful with some of these companies when it comes to shipping. Yeah they can offer you a good deal on shipping, but how is your kit, or what you are buying being shipped? If they just wrap the kit in brown paper and stick a label on it with your address....as much as mail gets banged around, the box isn't likely going to stand up to much on its way to you.

When I ship, I expect the product to reach the customer in the same condition I sent it, and thus I take care in my packing. Basically I pack my boxes they way I would like to see boxes coming to me to be packed. Just ask Norm about the crappy packaging he got on his Kinetic EA-6B Prowler he recently got....oh right.....there was no box....just wrapped in brown paper. This is unacceptable to me.

Latest posts

Back