dream build

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
i would love to get myself a 1/32 scale P-51D Mustang, and make awesome diorama of it being maintained, im going to make some "sketches." but basically what i want to do, is have the mustang sitting in front of the open air hanger with its engine cowl off, with a crew working on it. however with lack of funds and time this may be impossible, but i will get some drawing plans for you guys! ;D

so whats up, as you can see i now have internet! yay!

Dream build, Ace?
That one only took a little thought.
Will likely never have a kit of this, but it's what I want to build.
I want her in 1/32 scale, which would put the fighter at about 42.7 cm, or 16.8 in long
A ship of my own design, a Terran Confederacy, CF-37 Starstreak
Valkyrie_2_Revamped_by_Roguewing.jpg

--shakes head--
Thanks, but....
Sadly, that's only a 3d model of her. I really WANT to scratchbuild one to go with my 1/32 Vipers

Lunar models did a vacform excelsior in scale with the AMT enterprise.

As for the P-51 under maintenance. For best results get the dragon kit for its detail parts like engine and gun bays and use them in the hasegawa 1/32 kit. Dragons kit is not the greatest but it has some of the better off te shelf plastic details. its fuselage is whats really lacking. too heavy on the details. too deep or too big.

yeah, they're as rare as blue diamonds though. Not very big into vacuuform thought. I'll look for one and give it a try.

I have seen a large scale Excelsior in resin. I would not buy that kit, resin is too soft to support the weight the saucer and the warp nacelles generate. I came across it on Ebay and almost purchased it, but did my research first and backed down.

Quaralane: Great photos!! I say get those scratch building skills in shape and crank her out!

i would happy to have a build of a 1/48th scale P-51D like that, under maintenance, of course then i would use a Tamiya or Hasagawa P-51 instead of my usual Revell monogram P-51s, a 1/48th scale set would probably be more realistic.

Grendels said:
Quaralane: Great photos!! I say get those scratch building skills in shape and crank her out!
--chuckles--
Believe me, I've considered it. Just been...hesitant

If you could pull it off, it would be a great build for the contest!! And since you already have a 3d model, it shouldn't be that bad to build.

you know what i have noticed, making scale models is kind of like a dream come true thing... you can dream something, then make it! 8)

13aceofspades13 said:
you know what i have noticed, making scale models is kind of like a dream come true thing... you can dream something, then make it! 8)
I used to use the following as my old email signature, Ace:
"If it can be designed, it can probably be built"

For myself, I haven't really ventured much into true scratchbuilding, but I definitely can do the designing

I have always loved the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds. I have always wanted to build a diorama of all six planes, with pilots, and ground crew starting the birds up.

amateurmodeler said:
I have always loved the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds. I have always wanted to build a diorama of all six planes, with pilots, and ground crew starting the birds up.
That'd be a very pretty dio, especially if you pose it during the "walk out"

Hey Quaralane ...whats stoppin ya ?? its only plastic ,...go on give it a try ,you'll only regret it if you dont !! ,you might even find it easier than ya think and if you need help ..just shout ,Im sure you've got plenty of back up ;)

Chris.

@quaralane
he has a good point

@amateurmodeler
that would be sweet!

@Chris S
good point!

i have already made most all my dreams come true in one part, having most all my favorite airplanes hung on my sealing! well, i have most of them, only missing a F6F Hellcat and a MKIXe Spitfire.

Latest posts

Back