Dragon Pak 40/4 auf RSO

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
images

so i got this after seenig it in MMI and boy oh boy the builder was not joking when he said it was a headach to build the lower half, i was thinking it cant be that bad.. boy was i wrong i did end up with a head ach from it ;(.

trying to align the wheels is next to impossible
IMG_0545.jpg
IMG_0544.jpg
IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

these were a dream to build
IMG_0547.jpg

this was not. building the front and rear drive wheels was a pain, teh instructions were wrong and i had to rip them apart and what parts with front and back.
IMG_0548.jpg

here you can see how bad the fit is
_MG_0982.jpg
_MG_0980.jpg

im on to the easy stuff now and acording to teh article in MMI there is no head aches here so i expect to get primer on it prob tomorrow

Hey, Spud, :)

Wow ! it seems a tricky model: that RSO bogies set seems to need some wooden slat as an auxiliary aid to get them 100% properly aligned... but I think that when you set the tracks over them maybe the slight disalignment will be unnoticed, ah?

... And incorrect instructions !!! ufff ! :mad:

The RSO is a nice model, but with the info coming from you report, that Dragon kit hast lost some score points in my "priorities"...

:) But I think you´ll be more than enough able get a good one model, Spud...

(( PD: greet my two cousin (girls), they also live in the Emerald Isle ;) ))

Cheers,
RG

thanks jelly. the lower half is a pig teh rest is fine so if you take your time its doable.
done the tracks just now thansk to ken for showing me how its done they were a breaze
IMG_0549.jpg

and 2 sisters you say :p

Yep I was all fired up to build mine when I got it and while doing the research had read how hair pulling the lower half was, I put it back in the stash.

Maybe a long winter project but which winter??????????? ;D

Tony lee

haha tony ild need a tweesers to pull mine :). once the lower hull is done its a nice kit to work on lol. im working on the gun now that will be done soonish.

as u can tell its a fast kit to build i started mine yesterday was thinking it was gona take a bit longer but it hasnt. hopfully painting and weathering will take a bit longer :)

That's a very interesting construction and you have nice build going there. I will watch closely.
Cheers

alrighty i setup a cheap light box, 2 A4 sheets :p and went to work to try and make this build better and chear me up :)

its worked :)

every thing is primed even the tracks, i might let it sit for a day or two and and get some paint on the howitzer tomorrow and mabe the 88

_MG_0989.jpg
_MG_0991.jpg
_MG_0992.jpg
_MG_0993.jpg
_MG_0994.jpg
_MG_0995.jpg
_MG_0998.jpg

spud said:
as u can tell its a fast kit to build i started mine yesterday was thinking it was gona take a bit longer but it hasnt. hopfully painting and weathering will take a bit longer :)

Yeah, blistering pace on this one spud! The primer really went down nice. Like your photo box too!

You're setting a pace on this that make me look slow, Spud.
Excellent work on her

Lol ya it's flying together, and yes Tony I'm done for the night :D I may do a small base for it tomorrow if I don't get the urge to tackle the 203mm. Any how time for sleep,

looking real nice and bonus the light box works a treat looks smart now you got some colour on you nemesis

went in to my lhs today and he said he got one of my kits and handed me this i almost ran out the door... i dint opt to buy a second one but was kind of tempted,

thanks for the kind words guys ill have a look at her in a bit and see if i feel like painting her

ok slaped some paint on and had my fisr attempt at camo but im not 100% happy ild like to know what you guys think, redo or leave it. im hoping to do a winter wash over this

_MG_1061.jpg
_MG_1062.jpg
_MG_1063.jpg
_MG_1066.jpg

the more i look the less happy i am with the front, it seems tobe too much camo on it. i think ill just redo the front.

Latest posts

Back