Dragon M1A2 SEP

letsgobrowns82

Well this is a huge kit and I've got a lot of work to do on it so I entered right away lol. This is the Dragon M1A2 SEP. I've got lots of extras I want to put into it so off we go!!!!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

This kit is awesome and like you said its got a ton of parts! Good Luck and I'll looking forward to following this build. :D

So heres the Legend TUSK II upgrade that I will be installing on this kit and while I was at it I picked up the Legend M1 stowage set.

Got a little bit of work done on the kit last night but mainly I worked on the plow. I am taking the plow from the Tamiya kit that I have and installing it on this kit.

This thing is going to kick some A!! 8) All you need now is the M151 RWS from AFV club on top of the turret! ;D

errains said:
This thing is going to kick some A!! 8) All you need now is the M151 RWS from AFV club on top of the turret! ;D
I am going to have to look into that, thanks for the tip!

Okay spent probably four to five hours today and this is what I got done, not a lot. The photo etch and tubing in the front was intense. That and the instructions kind of suck. I mean they put so much into the molding and the parts are so great you would think they would give you decent instructions but I found myself having to test fit and figure out on my own how things went together. Its not that bad I just didnt expect that, this is my first Dragon kit. So heres the progress.

Holy smokes! You are flying through this! You may have to pick up another build to enter the contest!

Hey LgB82

Here is a quick snap of the M151RWS on an early TUSK Abrams

M1_TUSK_M151.jpg

A couple of things to know. This configuration never saw service, or wide spread service...But man it looks BAD A$$. 8) As you can see this is the TUSK "MK1" setup and Lastly note the SLAT Armor at the rear.

Not to add to and to an already huge kit and a compressed building schedule...BUT...his also would be a Kool addition too. Voyager Models has this listed on their web site. Follow this LINK:

http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdetails.asp?itemid=PEA149

So by adding the RWS would more or less make it into a "What-If" Kind of thing. But since your adding the plow you might be there already. I would think having a TUSK Kit plus a Plow would overload the weight Capacity of the Abrams, But I'm NOT an expert so I'm not sure. :-\

Just some food for thought....Have a blast MAN!! ;D

errains said:
Hey LgB82

Here is a quick snap of the M151RWS on an early TUSK Abrams

M1_TUSK_M151.jpg

A couple of things to know. This configuration never saw service, or wide spread service...But man it looks BAD A$$. 8) As you can see this is the TUSK "MK1" setup and Lastly note the SLAT Armor at the rear.

Not to add to and to an already huge kit and a compressed building schedule...BUT...his also would be a Kool addition too. Voyager Models has this listed on their web site. Follow this LINK:

http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdetails.asp?itemid=PEA149

So by adding the RWS would more or less make it into a "What-If" Kind of thing. But since your adding the plow you might be there already. I would think having a TUSK Kit plus a Plow would overload the weight Capacity of the Abrams, But I'm NOT an expert so I'm not sure. :-\

Just some food for thought....Have a blast MAN!! ;D
Nice bro, thanks a lot!!!! I've got the Eduard Slat Armor on the way and I saw on megahobby that M151RWS, it AWESOME!! Definitely going on this kit. Great advice errains. Thanks again!

Slat armor too... damn going to be interesting to see that go together

Got some work done today. Im starting on adding some of the TUSK II Armor.

WOW!!! This is intense. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided to put every upgrade there is for this tank on it. Bending all this photo etch has been tedious. This right here is about 2 hours to bend up the replacement piece and the other one against the armor. Maybe June 30 2013 is more realistic, lol. Im still optimistic that I will finish but we'll see. Thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Back