Dragon M1A2 SEP

Nice progress Brown, just take your time it will come together!!! :D

Spud man try Sratch-building since you got a lot of time as per Timothy lol :eek:

You really have thrown every upgrade at this kit

It'll look fantastic when its done, keep at it Man

Looking really good Browns! Are you going to build the PE ammo box holder to attach to the gun?

adampolo13 said:
Looking really good Browns! Are you going to build the PE ammo box holder to attach to the gun?
I kept trying it out on there and I just couldnt get it to look right, in the end I put on the plastic kit part but then realized that I have the eduard photo etch upgrade for the Tamiya kit and it just so happens to have a really nice 3 part ammo box. The thing is sweet, so I am going to be putting that together and removing the plastic box and installing the eduard one.

Well I decided to just put some parts in place to see how this is going to look, the plow and turret parts are glued yet but I just had to see how this was going to look, here's what I got.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OH L@@Ky at that!! Armed to the teeth and ready for SLAYING!

She is really coming along great. The Commander's hatch came out really nicely.!
As I have said before this is going to turn out awesome.

Keep up the hard work, it's paying off. ;D

....Did I say SLAYER!!
Slayer - South Of Heaven

Errains thanks for the encouragement, by the way one of my favorite SLAYER songs!!!!! Okay so as I was saying to Adam I replaced the kit ammo box with a photo etch one from Eduard, huge improvement compared to the kit part!!! Thanks for looking.

Well it took a while but finally my track set showed up for this kit. I'm both looking forward to this and apprehensive at the same time. I am going to have to build these like 30 minutes at a time or an hour at a time to avoid going blind, the part count on this appears to be A LOT!!!!!! It will all be worth it though. Thanks for looking.

There easy enough to do and 30 min to a hour would have one side done :D

you found a way to fit the Plow in there.... ? Nice !

You are off to a great looking machine !!! Keep up the good work !

Norm.

Wow this is rockin! Love the plough at the front and the chain. Keepin an eye on this one for sure 8)

Hey Browns,

Good luck with those tracks. Needless to say I'm glad those are behind me. Have you thought about how your going to paint them? It can be a little tricky.

Good Luck!

adampolo13 said:
Hey Browns,

Good luck with those tracks. Needless to say I'm glad those are behind me. Have you thought about how your going to paint them? It can be a little tricky.

Good Luck!
I'm not really sure, I'm wondering if I shoud maybe paint most of it while still on the sprue and just do touch up when they are all together? I dont know, I'm going to cross that bridge when I get there I think?

or you can still paint the trackpad manual after you base
coated the whole tracks, since it will be covered with weathering.

M1A1/A2 Bronco Track Review, Kit AB3522

I think you are better off ..... Assembling them and later... paint them....
Bronco has done an outstanding job on those....

Just be gentle.... and go very easy on the Glue !

I luv them. no so much the clean up... but the assembly was quite fast....
over a few sittings !!! don't do it all in one night.... your eyes will go Bonkers !

will be also taking note of this, Norm I'm also using bronco tracks... since the kit supplied vinyl tracks is a bit of fuzzy. :D

I agree with Eastrock. It is much easier to paint the entire track one color and then go back and paint each of the pads manually. Thats what I did with the spare tracks on mine. I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back