DML M-7 Priest WIP

Tony lee

Right back again with a WIP that I sat aside when the weather turn off cold.
Folks this is really a nice kit even if you build it right out of the box. Mold seams are very light and the fit has been super good.
The AM i'm using on this one is an Eduard PE set for the Academy M7 (there's a PE set out now just for the Dragon kit)but the fit is close enough to work. Also resin stowage by Legend.

100_0684.jpg
100_0681.jpg
100_0680.jpg

Lets get some shine on the subject:
100_0688.jpg
100_0702.jpg

Suspension primed and ready to install:
100_0703.jpg
Base coat applied to some of the components:
100_0705.jpg
100_0707.jpg
100_0709.jpg

Starting to take shape now:
100_0711.jpg
100_0712.jpg
Oh btw i'm using Tamiya and the LifeColor U.S. olive drab set.

I'm not a rubber band track fan but I heard that Fruils don't really work well with the live track system on U.S. armor but the DS(Dragon Styrene) tracks can be modified and fitted so what the heck i'll give it a shot.
The tracks were two links too long so with Xacto knife and razor blade I went to work. You can see by the marks how I cut those two links out and I used just a drop of Pro Weld to fuse them back together as can be seen or not be seen on the upper track. The seam is placed just above the two ends of the lower track.
100_0714.jpg
100_0717.jpg
Add the paint and by golly they look pretty good.
100_0718.jpg

Tools painted and laid out on the back for a test fit:
100_0722.jpg

Interior gets some paint and goodies:
100_0723.jpg
100_0724.jpg
100_0725.jpg

Tools and 50 cal in place:
100_0731.jpg
100_0730.jpg
100_0729.jpg

After playing around with the stowage for a few days I settled on this arrangement:
100_0756.jpg

100_0776.jpg
100_0775.jpg
100_0772.jpg

100_0773.jpg

And since just about all M-7s had an ammo trailer behind it I got one of Masters Productions resin kits.
100_0770.jpg

At this time the bottom fell out of the weather and it came to a halt. Next step is a sealing coat of "Future"
floor wax before applying the decals, washes etc. etc.

I'll pick this build back up and finish it before long,temps are gaining every week now.
Later folks
Tony lee :)

Well Scott I warned you right off I was going to fill in some of the dark spot around this joint. ;D

SPGs Forever buddy
Tony Lee :)

What can i say Tony.................this is just another sensational build matey, that stowage just looks right at home on there...............excellent!!!!

`Boots`

This is nice to see. You don't see these that often and you obviously put some work into it.

Wow, that looks great, too. Like the Priest. A interesting Vehicle.
And.. there are two Panzer II in the Background, now ;D

that's an amazing build and detailing job there!

I remember playing Battlefield 1942 and it being an interesting tank/vehicle to operate. Kind of a bummer, the 20 degree (give or take) L/R firing arc.

Chief I think what you are seeing are these two. A SU-76 and a Marder II D.
100_0645.jpg

Thanks everybody and that's the reason I bought the M-10 trailer because it was turning out better
than I thought it would. ;D

Thanks very much again

Great work! Allied models rule! What is pro weld glue you used for the track? Your build is inspiring!

Frank Blanton

Frank it's Ambroid Pro Weld. I would say it's like Tamiya Extra thin, watery.
Those DS tracks melt like hot butter so don't use much of this stuff to fuse the joint.

Thanks

Just won one of these in a raffle. It will be my first military build. I'll be using your post for reference. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Where is the best place to buy the photo-etched set? Very inspiring build!!!

Looking real nice every little detail down to the seat belts keep it coming

Geegad

hmm coulda sworn i posted here teh other night..

anyhow tony that is just Epic. you either Love brass or you have tools to make it a dodle that you dont worry about it ;D

Spud here's my PE tool box. I still worry and fret even with all this stuff.
100_0863.jpg
100_0864.jpg
100_0865.jpg

Thanks Bizarre the mix came out better than expected.
Tony lee

You seem like a Dentist a work Tony, btw may I know what's the board with dialer do?

Latest posts

Back