Difficulty with Friul hanomag tracks

McKeever

Usually I am exteremly partial to Friuls, and have never had difficulty with them before. But the 250 tracks are proving to be unworkable. The holes are in the interior of the track, with an outer flap on each side. Even cutting pins to the precise link is not helping. When I slip the pin in, it continually pushes in, missing the other side of the connecting track. Holding the tracks in place with a small alligator clamp is not helping.
Is there anythng else I can do? I just smashed my optivisor into bits after not gettng a single link together after an hour.

Update--

I was using .20 brass rod. It seems it was a sliver too thick. Using staple to make pins just a little thinner it seems to be working. Still really touch and go though . ...

what i do is get a 0.5m drill bit and clean them all out, Pain in teh ass and in teh fingers then i use dressmake pins or 0.5m brass rob , job done, easy peasy. just sore :D

I tried the dressmaker pins on some Friulmodel tracks, but I find that it makes them bend a bit and veer off to the open pin side of the track. I stick with some thin brass rod (don't use music wire, it's really tough to snip!). I think I use 0.020" size rod.

the tracks to bend but apply a little pressure to bend them back and all is good

Latest posts

Back