How Do I Start With A Resin Cab And End Up With A Nice Model Truck?

Slang

I have somewhat of a complicated question to ask, and I am hoping that there is some kind of a tutorial offered somewhere. Or maybe someone who is experienced with kit conversions can help me, please.

I want to get a 1:25 scale truck cab in (resin), because the era and style of the model, either Chevy or Ford COE 1950 -1960, that I need isn't offered in a manufactured styrene kit. I need to mount whichever cab I decide to use, onto a straight chassis with a tandem rear axle.

How do I determine which styrene kit that I would need to get the wheels, axles, chassis, engine, and possibly the interior to complete a rolling chassis for the cab that I decide to use for the project? I know that this probably sounds like an ignorant question but, to get the truck kit that I want to build, this is how I am going to have to do it. And I really need some advice from you guys to steer me in the right direction so that I don't make a complete mess of the project, and waste a lot of money that I don't have.

I guess this would be a good way for me to get my feet wet in the actual process of creating a build from different sources.. Is this what they call "kit bashing" or is it partial "scratch building" or both? I don't know what it would be, but I sure need some help to do it right, and make it look really good.

I have been looking at some of the resin suppliers online, and I think I might have found a couple of them that can get me the truck cab that I want, but I don't know which kit to use with it to make it work out right. Would I need a regular 1:25 Chevy or Ford pickup truck kit to get the running works etc.? Or would I need a heavy truck kit? Any suggestions of reputable resin suppliers that you all are familiar with would be appreciated as well. Please help me if you can.

Thanks for all input.

Latest posts

Back