Derangedwookiee's Colonial Mk II Viper

Here it is.
13%2B-%2B1.png
My wife gave it to me for christmas. I plan on lighting it and put it on a simple stand. I am going to paint it differently from the other builds i've seen. I keep my child's broken toys that light up and strip the LEDS, switches and wires so i have a box of that junk waiting for me .

Re: Derangedwookiee contest entry

Lighting is from a light wand my son had and then broke. It has 5 LEDs and runs on 3 AAA batteries. It has 3 settings off on and flicker.
13%2B-%2B1.png

Re: Derangedwookiee contest entry

You might want to edit your subject title so that folks know what your build us. Let me know if you need help with that.

This is how i plan on lighting the engines.
13%2B-%2B2.png.
I am using 3m metal tape for ducts. Its shiny and does not leak light.

got the engine lights mocked up now i am ready for construction
13+-+1
used metal tape for light block and to make the engine insides reflective.
13+-+2i
13+-+3

13+-+1
also finished the base and ran the wires through it.

Trying to figure out how to light the cockpit with only 1 led and no fiber optic. All the broken toys i have stashed no fiber optic strands.

I found a broken lamp of my sons chocked full of fiber optic strands so now i can move ahead with the cockpit. Maybe light the wing tips too.

experiments in fiber optics
13+-+1
i am wondering if i can just paint the tips with clear colors instead of using different colored LEDS

Yup, you can color the tips of the fiber with clear paint. I even herd you could use colored sharpies. Never tried it though...
looking go so far!

The main worry with sharpies is having them run when you hit them with the sealer coat.
But, for something like this, you may be safe. Especially if you put some white (elmers) glue over the fibers after you color them

Good thinking Quaralane, aylmers glue dries clear and will most probably protect the fiber from the sealer.
You could also try to color the tip of the fiber that is right up the LED. I don't know what kind of results you'll get though. A test run would be a good idea.

Cheers guys

Latest posts

Back