Darius Miniatures

• Thread starter ScaleModelMadman
  • Start date
Hey Rob, thanks for checking in on this one. Maybe we can meet up over the weekend, even if it's just a quick visit to pick up the shirt and stuff. Laurel doesn't work Saturdays anymore so I can get away for a bit either day, whatever works.

Spud, not sure how long it usually takes for a response. Pretty sure it's a one man operation and he may be swamped? I don't know him personally, I got this from another friend who met him at Euromilitaire.

Ok bro, will check with the missus to see what we have planned and will get back to you.

I've been following this here and elsewhere from the beginning, was just waiting for this latest update...couldn't wait to see you doing the effects.. :eek:..bout damn time too ;D

thanks Ken ill leave it for a week or two before i follow up.

superb work Ken.... Great usage of the New products... Love the whole thing !

I had no idea you were doing figures... nice one to !

I was always affraid of Winter schemes... you sure ain't !!! Nice !

Thanks for showing US the new AK int. stuff and their uses....

Later !

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments 8)

...almost done too, made some more progress today.

Thanks for the link to this Ken, it's really great seeing how you use the AK products to full effect, amazing work my friend! ;D

DARIUS-15.jpg

Ok Ken !! Question:

in this picture we see you using the NEW AK Int. "pigment fixer" and obviously some Pigments... they state on their website, that it does FIX the pigment to the model or surface and doesn’t alter their look !!!

Is that a fact ??? Did you find it flatten the pigments? or started spreading them over the surface…!
or darken or changed them in anyway ???

Let me know, since you were "big" on using Rubbing Alcohol in your YouTube videos...to do just that !
I would like to find out your views on this new product, if any better than your old favorite ???

Thanks.

Norm, it didn't alter the color of the pigment at all from what I saw, or cause it to flow around the surface in any way. It did seem to work exactly as they advertise.

RE; Is it better than my old favorite? I guess it depends.

It definitely held it to the surface stronger if that's what the modeler wants. In one of my old videos I show how I blend pigments into the rear hull of an armored car by brushing it off the surface slowly even after it dried, as the alcohol (or turps/thinners/spirits etc.) don't have any 'fixing' properties.

In this instance here, I don't want to brush it off of the ground or do any blending and I really want to maintain than 'in scale', grit like texture so the fixer works very well. There is an almost glue like effect here, as I tried to rub some from the tire and it didn't budge. If this is the desired effect than this stuff works perfectly.

Blending of any sort would probably be difficult if not impossible and for that effect, one may want to use their carrier of choice, be it turps/spirits etc.

pitty they dont make a bigger bottle of it then.. or do they?

sorry for my LATE response Ken !

Thanks for the great description on how the product works...

and the different pigment blending options...

Later !

Well, I apologize for the long wait but I have been distracted with many other things outside modeling. Enough of the excuses though, lets get right to it.

Since my last update I finished to wooden box on the front bumper with some dark brown oil paint and attached the figure in place and applied some Wet Effects to his boot. I painted the two signs to represent some of the areas in the no famous 'Battle of the Bulge' and added a bit on snow on the sign tops and the half track itself.

I received some advanced releases from a new company offering diorama plants and accessories, at the time of this posting, their website is still under construction and I have no word as to any sort of time frame for it's opening. The various dried plants and ground cover items are sourced from nature and appear both in scale and quite realistic, especially in context of a fall/winter setting. These items are delicate and somewhat small but are easily assembled into clusters and applied with ordinary white PVA glue.

HAY.jpg

GRASS.jpg

All that was left now was to create a simple wooden base, paint it black and attach the finished vignette to it in order to complete the project. I can only try to express just how much I enjoyed working with this resin vignette from Darius Miniatures, not only does it simplify the whole process of creating a well balanced scene but it also keeps it contained to a small area on the shelf once completed. I can foresee many more of these in my future, as long as they continue to produce Allied topics that is.

*and preferably, some that aren't just knocked out vehicles.*

BASE-8.jpg

BASE-7.jpg

BASE-6.jpg

BASE-5.jpg

BASE-4.jpg

BASE-3.jpg

BASE-2.jpg

BASE-1.jpg

Stellar performance Ken!! For such a tiny piece, there is so much to like about it! !!! ;) SOLD!! You make me want to go out and pick one up!!! Thanks for sharing!! ;D

wow.... chrismas in Nov. for Ken !

That stuff looks great ! oh the Vignette Rocks !

Thanks for letting us know about it !

Hey Ken ,

Beautiful work my friend ! you got the ground looking well soggy ,fantastic finish .Hope to see you do a few more of these ;)

Armor Farm eh ;D must look out for that stuff ,I like the look of the forest litter !

Chris.

Chris S said:
Armor Farm eh ;D

Nothing gets past you eh mate? Unless I'm reading too much into it, you're the only one on a couple forums to connect the dots. ;)

While I can say I influenced the name, everything else is well beyond my scope and ability. I wish them all the success in the world.

;D

:eek: wow Ken that turned out Fab Armor Farm stuff looks pretty good, looking forward to seeing more of there stuff

Latest posts

Back