Cyber Hobby 1/35 StuG E

robw_uk

this WILL be a build thread when I start but, at the moment I am bugging you all for referencs/advise.....

well have started to look for references for the StuG III ausf.e (building the orange top cyber hobby kit). does anyone know

1) how much extra track the kit has (it has indi link) as I like adding spare all over the place
2) if the kit has spare road wheels (I can check later when i get home of course) and if it doesn't which spare road wheels would be appropriate (I have a couple of nice shots of them mounted in various positions (like vertical up the side)

am also after good photos of

1) the interior - none supplied but may have a play at scratching basics???
2) photos of damage - after am sure i have seen a photo of a stug with a replacement fender from floor boards - would that've been done (LOTS without fenders at the front so might go with that but am sure I saw one some place where the crew had made up one from wooden boards
3) any other StuG photos of interesting things (rear stowage especially)

thanks guys

Cool lookin forward too seeing it brought to life, so to speak ;D

Anyone know of any AM road wheels fort the Stug e.? I have photos of one with 4-6 extras (on top of the normal 2) and want to see if I can add hat to my kit...

Thanks

Have a look round a few pages in the armour catagey there may be some stug builds that you may find useful

model maker jnr said:
Have a look round a few pages in the armour catagey there may be some stug builds that you may find useful

have done - some nice examples, but no-one seems to be using AM wheels... next route is to make my own, but have never done casting...

an alternative thought, how about german crew salvaging bits off other german/russian tanks as extra armour - extra weight without being able to use the parts I guess but desperate times.....

if i went down this route what Russian tanks should I be looking at at the start of Barbarossa... something that would be encountered and could be raided for extra armour.....

bdr65 said:
Russian tanks BT 7 - T-28 - T-26

Cheers, have sourced 6 spare wheels so that gives me 8 in total. I can't find any images of one quite THAT loaded, 3 on one side yes... coming together, hope the next post will be box and contents before I start... not sure on doing interior, maybe more around the open Hatches rather than a full compartment...

ok, bench cleared, time to start on this beast. Not sure yet

1) if it will be an E or an F (kit contains the long barrel for the F but markings only for an E)
2) what work on the interior I will do - maybe a little at the back of the hatch (couple of machine guns(?) latched to the rear perhaps)
3) what damage I will do - tempted to take off half one fender
4) just what stowage will be on it (photo shows what I have so far)

IMG_3596_zpsde565dfd.jpg

IMG_3592_zps62d470f0.jpg

IMG_3594_zps37359cd8.jpg

ok, started with the welding. 6/wheel, 12 fitted wheels plus 5 spares. so far I have 2. Using .5mm rod, melted in liquid poly then scored to look like weld. these are spare wheels (though I would start there) and they arent too bad - might consider slightly thinner rod perhaps

IMG_3628_zpscbfae188.jpg

IMG_3629_zpsf0657dc8.jpg

ok, so today I finished the wheel welds. Dont think they look "too" out of scale... and tried the tubing. Its not perfect but, once the 2 halves of wheel are together I think it gives a good impression - at least it is something to work on for the remaining 16 wheels!!!!!

IMG_3630_zps97fc0d30.jpg

IMG_3633_zps33364e4a.jpg

IMG_3636_zps2d8711dd.jpg

IMG_3637_zpsfc3f97a9.jpg

not much progress recently. Suspension on (had the last wheel suspension fitted wrong but corrected, rear plate, exhausts and started on upper hull. this will be OOB for now, going to look to do more detail on fenders (damage, tool clasps, wheel mounts etc....

IMG_3638_zps87d52fac.jpg

IMG_3639_zps2334ba2b.jpg

(note - upper hull just placed on - thats why there is a gap ;-))

wow yer mad adding the welds. :D ild have just put dirt there :D

thanks both....

weekend spent building the tracks. Again another satisfying session with indi-link... wheels are only tacked on (hence a bit of "droop" with the top ones in the photos....

next up, probably putting upper & lower hulls together then the fenders

IMG_3640_zpsb1f17885.jpg

IMG_3641_zpsc9eda8dc.jpg

IMG_3642_zps9fd43393.jpg

IMG_3643_zps9db4fc0e.jpg

bdr65 said:
Lookin good man. The track sag looks very realistic ;D

Thanks, I am on of those sad guys who doesn't mind indi-link track. Like the way it looks (until I ruin it when painting)...

Latest posts

Back