Cutaway falcon

You can also try falconkits.com - not sure if he is still producing them.

You can also scratch build too. Using parts from cars, small tanks and other kits you can arrange them to look alot like the studio falcon without spending a ton on resin.

That actually would make for a nice SMA episode or a group build.

Scott Girvan said:
That actually would make for a nice SMA episode or a group build.

Indeed! And if there would be gathered enough people to start such a group build - I'm definitely in too. Mine cutaway falcon is lying in stash for around a year, and I'm afraid that without such a GB it is going to pass another one till I'll start him.. :-\

And we could use the cutaway or non cutaway. As long as it's the MPC kit they are the same minus the interior.

Really we could include any falcon. I know I would be building the MPC. I do have the resin for it and could build with that but then use those parts and my greeblie box to help illustrate how you can scratch build the sidewalls,,etc...

Basically a Falcon GB right? Can't expect everyone to have the same kit - same aftermarket....but we'd all help everyone actually build that FALCON OF YOUR DREAMS!

Scott Girvan said:
And we could use the cutaway or non cutaway. As long as it's the MPC kit they are the same minus the interior.

Really we could include any falcon. I know I would be building the MPC. I do have the resin for it and could build with that but then use those parts and my greeblie box to help illustrate how you can scratch build the sidewalls,,etc...

Basically a Falcon GB right? Can't expect everyone to have the same kit - same aftermarket....but we'd all help everyone actually build that FALCON OF YOUR DREAMS!

Signing beneath all words :)
And that would be even interesting to include both the MPC (no matter a cutaway or not version - their molds are 90% the same excluding the interior and the cut upper hull) and the FineMolds kits. I was always sure and am now, that properly treated the MPC version can not only be a rival to the FM, but, in some cases, even outbid it. So, though I've got both kits, participating in such a "Falcon of your Dream" GB I would definitely try to provide evidence to such idea.
P.S.: mmm... to tell the truth there is another reason for that - the FM Falcon kit is anyway SOOOO cool, I'm yet afraid to screw everything up with a bay painting.

Speaking of the FM falcon, are any 1/72 still available for a reasonable price? I saw one on evilbay for $330.
Is that the going rate?

Well, their price from a Japanese retailer was around 275$ or so, but as their second short issue has discontinued, I think that the price is not especially attractive but ok. Worse comming, as I remember that before the first news of 1/72 FM Falcon reissue their price wasno less than 650$ anywhere.

Don't forget the Revell version too - and the 144 FM.

If we are to do this we'll open to all MFs. No prejudice here ;)

Like said earlier - a Build the Falcon of your Dreams GB. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been dragging a Falcon kit around for years...and years....and, well like since I'm 13.

Kind of liking the idea. I picked up the 1/144 FM one at last year's Wonderfest.

Maybe after the contest is over?

Sounds good.
The only thing about such GB - it should last really long, I think. At least a year, as the "Sci-fi Movies an TV - Scenes" group build, as this subject and the amount of work that is worth being done over it (especially for guys with the MPC MF) is far not a little one.

Definitely after contest - and after summer.

I don't know about you but summer up here is very short (3 months in a great year but more like 4-6 nice weeks with 20+C ~ 68+F warmth) and I plan to be outside everyday I can.

This would be a fall/winter thing.

I understand You fully, Scott - just the same stuff about weather at mine.
Additionally I always try to afford some outdoors modeling in summer, combining pleasure and.. well, pleasure)) Choose a not too long project, pack all the materials required in the car and get to the country-side to my parent for a modeling session: non-stop over the whole week from morning till midnight. Hope to afford such a week this summer too: the models built during it are usually a level ahead all the other, done during the whole previous year (last year it was my Venator if anyone still remember it).

P.S: I know we are all really friendly and liberal here, guys, but, without our will (as it always happens :)) the conversation is going far off topic. Maybe replacing it into the GB section as something called for example "Group Build: The Millennium Falcon of your Dreams Alive - Yet only in Dreams " =)))

To afford a week like that! Wish i had of spent time that way when it was a possibility.

I was thinking of moving it too. Perhaps I will at some point. Worry not. Dream on.

Im looking forward to that GB. I also have an very old MF at my Scrap Box. It would be interesting to finish it finally :))

OOOOOOOOOOOOO!! This excites me! I (poorly) built the MPC Falcon about 20 years ago. So happens I picked up several (9) old issue MPC Star Wars kits last week from a fellow builder/collector. Lucky, lucky me ;D!! Among them, the ROTJ Falcon. I would absolutely be on board for a group build next winter or whenever it should happen. To build that old favourite with the comraderie and inspiration of a group like this would be just wonderfull!!

Fumblethumbs

Latest posts

Back