Contest Q&A

Keen to know when the final decisions will be made and who will be on the judging panel ?...

Will there be a people's choice kind of thing? I thinks that's a good idea, maybe just from the all open category ...?

Ian said:
I'll just remove the extra entry. Not a problem.

Thanks for removing the extra entry (Fat fingers strike again) Any chance you changed my flanker to Air (instead of the worlds fastest tank)

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere and I missed it, but where can we see all of this year's final entries? Are the photos going to be posted in a separate area on SMA, on Facebook, in a YouTube video...? Or do we have to scroll through individual build posts to see all of them?

So after my 12 hour shifts and getting the house put together.....my 3 completed builds wont even be in the contest. Stupid me didn't submit the photos last night !!!!!! :'( Oh well, good luck to those that submitted this year !

there will be a separate thread for viewing and a separate thread for voting IIRC. scott also does an official results video

TBadger said:
So after my 12 hour shifts and getting the house put together.....my 3 completed builds wont even be in the contest. Stupid me didn't submit the photos last night !!!!!! :'( Oh well, good luck to those that submitted this year !
Sorry, couldn't resist ;D

You stupid boy

The contest is now officially closed. Final entries will be posted so y'all can see em' within a couple of days - then you choose your top 3 in each category and we start voting next weekend.

Another year done. Wow again what fun! Well done to Scott and the mods for organising this, to all the sponsors, the forum members donating kits and to the contestants! Good luck everyone! What a lovely place this is :)

JohnSimmons said:
Another year done. Wow again what fun! Well done to Scott and the mods for organising this, to all the sponsors, the forum members donating kits and to the contestants! Good luck everyone! What a lovely place this is :)

You mean "addictive" right?

Great job everyone. Hopefully, I'll be more active this year. So many builds planned...so little time.

I just wanted to take this time and say good luck to everyone... this has been a blast. Been watching all of your builds and am simply blown away with the creativity and talent that I've seen. Its also awesome to see so many juniors get in on this... you youngins have shown that you can really build some great kits and have alot in store for your futures because it can only get better and better as you get older. To the old timers in here like myself, I am always learning something new from watching your builds as well. New techniques and ways of solving problems feed my inner kid and just make me want to build another kit so bad! :) Thank you sponsers for all the great prizes you have contributed to this contest. It looks like there might even be more prizes then participants so I'm sure everyone will end up with something good in their mailboxs! And finally thank you SMA... this is one of the best communities of builders I've ever been involved with and hope to share more time with in the future. ALL of you are just plain wonderful... not only in your support, but in your wisdom and sharing as well. So again... thank you all and good luck to everyone! This has been a blast!

Thanks to SMA crew and forum users. A lot of fun during last months and I hope the voting would be interesting! Good luck, all!

Yes to reiterate what Bizarre said, thanks to the crew of Scale Model Addict, I really honestly haven't met (or cyyber met) a most decent group of people i my life.

Without the time constraints of 3 months there is (at my time of life) no way I'd normally complete a model like this, with my quality control (OCD).......so a big thank you for all involved

I have never felt so involved in a group & virtually met and made friendships with so many like minded people

J

Latest posts

Back