CMP C15TA Armored Ambulance....DONE :)

Re: CMP C15TA Armored Ambulance.

Sweet kit Chris and you're certainly doing it justice

Look forward to seeing it come together

Thanks Leighbo & Terry ,appreciate the kind words :)

Sorry if Im bouncing on ahead with this one ,but really I need it finished for this weekend :O

Sooo.... With the interior done it was time to button down the roof ,which went on with no hassle ,the join being pretty much perfect :) so I ran a drop of tippex around the seam and sanded just to make sure ,after which it was primed .
Paint time :D , I started with the roof ,I had been looking at lots of ref pics of both the Ambulance and the truck version and noticed a number of them had a sort of Brown faded canvas top which I liked , I think it breaks up the monotone of the OD a bit ,So I mixed up some Yellow Ochre with a drop of OD and sprayed that as the base colour ,then I lightened the mix to add some patchy fading effects .
Then I got onto the body ,this was obviously painted just the same as the front . Next up the whole lot got a good couple of coats of good old Klear before adding the decals .
Speaking of decals ,The kit decals on first inspection looked quite good ,but there is quite a bit of clear carrier around the edges ! However ,the decals are very thin and even without using Sol ,they settled in really nice ,and once the Sol was applied (which the decals responded well too ) the carrier all but disappeared ,another few coats of Klear finishing it off :)

enough blab ...pics :D

DSCF2372.jpg

DSCF2371.jpg

All the assemblies ready to come together :D

DSCF2374.jpg

I know ...y'all want a quick peek huh ?? ...I do :D :D

DSCF2370.jpg

On to some weathering tomorrow ...the fun bit ,well its been fun from the start actually :D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Looking great Chris! I agree, the color of the top does break it up nicely. Looking forward to the next update.

Wow the weathering is superb on this , tires look very realistic

Thanks guys ...nearly done ;D

Nice work with the canopy, it's moving along at a nice clip.

seen it on FB, didn't realize you were blogging her too

Looks great mate, and it's fun when you get kits to build ey?

Dropped one of me models as well lately, never fun. But seems you recoverd it well. It looks dang good mate!

Cheers

looks superb dont dirty it up love the way it looks now the colour modulation is spot on mucker

Thanks guys :)

Sorry geegad ,but I had to do a little bit of weathering ...just a little ..honest ;D

Just a quick update :)

First stage of weathering done ,including all over wash ,some pin washes ,chips ,and some streaking (very light ) .Got the doors on too ,so I'll let her dry until tomorrow ...then more :D

DSCF2384.jpg

DSCF2381.jpg

DSCF2380.jpg

DSCF2379.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Extraordinary work there Chris! Love all the tones in this one, just makes this piece come alive!! Well done so far!!! ;)

Thanks guys :)

Well gents :) The time has come to put this one to bed .

There's not much I can say here ,so I'll just throw lots of pics at you :D .......

DSCF2386.jpg

DSCF2387.jpg

DSCF2388.jpg

DSCF2389.jpg

DSCF2402.jpg

DSCF2401.jpg

DSCF2400.jpg

DSCF2398.jpg

DSCF2397.jpg

DSCF2396.jpg

DSCF2394.jpg

DSCF2391.jpg

DSCF2392.jpg

DSCF2393.jpg

Thanks to all who followed along for the build ,yer company & comments are very much appreciated ,hope y'all join me for the next one :D

DSCF2395.jpg

Chris.

Top shelf all the way Chris! Perfect amount of weathering. ;D

what? Done already? :eek: ;D

Darn, that looks mighty fine mate! Awesome finish

Cheers

Latest posts

Back