CMP C15TA Armored Ambulance....DONE :)

Re: CMP C15TA Armored Ambulance.

Thanks for the pics Scott , yeah I remember the Dodge ,still nice old kit :) .The back of it doesnt seem to be packed out as much as the C15 ! ,I actually thought the Dodge would be the bigger one ,but looking at the model of the C15 ,I'd say there isnt a big difference in size ,the C15 maybe having a shorter wheelbase because the engine sits halfway into the cab .

Joeym ...Thank you :)

Chris.

Looking good Chris! That is the tightest engine bay I've ever seen.

Comin along nicely......... Engine + chassis = fantastic....... 8)

How you plan to finish it Chris ? Lots of weathering or brand new looking? (i hope it is a lot of weathering)

CT ..Thanks man :) ...not much room in there huh !!

bdr65 ....only getting started :)

Cash ....It wont be new ;)

I've pretty much completed most of the build work on this one now :) So I thought I'd throw up some mock up shots before I cover it up with primer & paint :D
I installed the seat runners and made up the seats ,but left the seats out for painting , I also made up the two doors which again ,are left off for paint , The headlights were fitted to the front guards ,and the mirrors made up from Wire and etch parts provided .Some tie down loops were fitte to the rear and to the panel just in front of the doors ,Lastly I added the weld beads down each side of the windscreen pillars .And thats as far as I can go until the interior is painted :)

DSCF2339.jpg

DSCF2336.jpg

DSCF2335.jpg

DSCF2334.jpg

DSCF2333.jpg

DSCF2337.jpg

I forgot ...I aslo made a spare wheel mount for the ...umm...spare wheel :D

Time for clean up and some primer :D :D :D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Looking nice Chris, you going to attach the roof or leave it removable ?

Thanks Rookie , the roof will be attached ,but not until the interior is finished :)

Ok chaps ,
Well ,any of you that were about FB this morning will know that the Ambulance nearly became one of these ....

c15tatarget.jpg

Had a bit of a senior moment and dropped it !! :( :( Its ok tho , only minor damage , Bent a wing mirror and the cradle for the oil can on the back panel came off , so all was fixed pretty quickly :)
Anyhoo ....Having already primed the body yesterday ,today it was time to start slapping some paint :D :D . Since very early on in this build I have been giving some thought as to the best way to go about the painting ,you see the problem is ,Both cab doors and all armored windows are posed open so the interior can be viewed ,this means painting the interior before fixing the roof on and dealing with the subsequent seam ?
So ,after some consideration ,I thought that painting the interior along with the whole front end would be the most logical solution ? ,my thinking is this will mean less masking ..maybe , It should mean I just need to mask for painting the roof and tape the rear of the door openings to paint the sides ...Does that make sense ??? ...we'll see .
Soooo... I started with a very dark brown pre shade ( Burnt Umber & Black mix ) ,this was followed up with OD which I lightened a touch to start with , then added more white to create the faded patchy areas . All paints so far are Model Air . I then sealed up with a few coats of Johnsons :) Sorry about the shine in the pics ....

DSCF2341.jpg

DSCF2342.jpg

DSCF2344.jpg

DSCF2343.jpg

DSCF2340.jpg

Not much of an update , but this is where the fun begins :D :D :D
The rest of the parts ...seats,doors,bonnet, wheels ..etc are all in primer and will get shot with paint tomorrow :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

ive missed this cracker love all the photo etch bling bling..and love the base colour look forward to seeing more chris

Thanks John & geegad ...much appreciated :)

Got most of the cab work completed :) ,Still some to do ,I have the curtain /partition made from rolled milliput ,just need to paint it and fit .
Anyhoo ...a few pics .All paint in the cab is Vallejo MC/MA and the weathering is all AK Interactive .

DSCF2348.jpg

DSCF2350.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF2349.jpg

Got the wheels ,doors ,and Bonnet (Dick :) ) painted ,off to do some on the chassis now :D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Again some pro touches done. Keep up the good work Chris. :D

Thanks Cash :)

Cheers CT ;D

Chris.

I left the cab to dry out for a day or so and in the meantime I got back to the chassis :)

This is where things start to get dirty :D .I still have more to do here ,but I started laying down some dust& dirt ,and also started rusting up the exhaust :) ,The tyres got a weathering too ,but I still have to finish up the rims .

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

DSCF2362.jpg

DSCF2365.jpg

DSCF2361.jpg

DSCF2364.jpg

Back to the cab now ...nearly time to put the roof on :D

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Tasteful weathering so far Chris. The tires look great. Ready for more. ;D

Thanks CT ,She will be dirty & dusty ,but not completely clobbered in mud :D

Chris.

Wont keep yer waiting too long John ;) Thanks bro .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back