CMP C15TA Armored Ambulance....DONE :)

Re: CMP C15TA Armored Ambulance.

Making quick work of this one! Looking excellent so far. Can't wait to see you get some color on this.

Gotta love Tamiya tape. ;D

John ...Thanks Dude ;D

Adam ,wont have to wait too long ;)

CT ...yuuuup Tammy tape has all sorts of uses :D :D

Chris.

Interesting.. Chris is this a full resin kit or just bits and pieces ?
Lookin good BTW....... :)

Went to website, which answered my question....... Silly me ;D

Very nice Chris, I've been tempted by one of these kits more than once, seeing this build might just have convinced me to part with some cash!

Great job so far mate

missed this one chris beautiful work love the detail in the engine vroom vroom..will keep up with this now imm back in the land of the modeler

Thanks a lot guys :)

Im having trouble with photobucket today :mad: so some of my pics may not show ,but Im trying to sort it .

I got started on the interior over the weekend :)

I decided to leave the firewall/bulkhead in place ,after thinking about it ,it was going to be too messy trying to fit it after paint ,I also didnt fancy trying to line up the big doghouse after either !! ...So ,I moved on ,fitted the etch pedals ,and a few other bits ,side pockets ..etc then fitted the doghouse and scratched up a map pocket for the back of it from some scrap PE fret . ,justt behind the doghouse two gearbox access hatches are placed on the floor ,still need to fit the gear levers & handbrake ,the do the window fittings .

DSCF2315.jpg

DSCF2316-1.jpg

Then I moved on with some of the exterior fittings ,I made up the four Guards and put them in place ,followed by the front Top panel ,slats ,and lower chin . I will need a tiny smidge of filler on the corners of the top front panel and the joins in the Guards ,but thats no biggy . Did a dry fit of the roof too :D ...well ...you have to ,dont ya ???

DSCF2317.jpg

DSCF2319.jpg

DSCF2320.jpg

While the guards and stuff were drying ,I thought I'd break out the AB for the chassis & engine :D :D .Im playing with the Vallejo Model Air range on this build ,As most of you know I prefer to use enamels ,but Im doing a paint demo next month and its in a hotel ,dont think they would be keen on my smelly paints :D ..so Im getting a bit of practice in with the acrylics ....not to bad to work with actually ,I can see me using them a bit more often ?? ...maybe .
Anyhoo , the Engine got a dark brown base ,then some Russian green (which looked quite close to the ref pics I have ) ,I added a drop of white to the green to further fade the top a bit .

DSCF2322.jpg

The it was time for the chassis to get a slappin :D ,same again ,Dark brown base ,then OD , and again the OD was then lightened with white and sprayed from top down to add some patchy fading .
I know you wont see any of this when its finished ,but I enjoy working on chassis & engines :D ...so there :p

DSCF2326.jpg

Next up ....Chassis & engine get detail painting ,washes , chips,rust,oil,mud,dust ...etc .

The body gets ...More Bling !!

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Wooo hooo! Paint!! Build is looking most excellent mate!

Thanks John ,,,and ...Err... John ;D

Work has continued on the cab :)

I added the gear levers & handbrake ,Then set about making up the armored windows ,vision ports and gun ports . If i tell you there is 7 parts just to make one lever for one gun port you can guess just how much detail Libor has packed into these kits .I suppose I really should have taken photos of the parts before fitting ...but I got carried away and forgot :(
I just need to add the seat runners to the cab now ,the seats will be left out until later .

DSCF2327.jpg

DSCF2328.jpg

DSCF2329.jpg

DSCF2330.jpg

The original plan was to leave the whole Ambulance open ..However there is no interior details supplied in the kit for the rear of the ambulance ! This has been left to the builder to make up his own ,and although it wouldnt be too difficult to do ,I just dont have the time at the minute :( ...maybe next time .
So the decision was made to leave the cab & bonnet open and close the rear doors ,I will add the curtain behind the cab seats that partitions the front and rear .
Moving on then ...The rear panel was fitted ,which I may add fitted perfectly :) ,as did the rear doors ,You can see a few etch boxes added too ,the one on the rear guard is fro a Jerry can ,while the box beside the rear door is for an oil can .

DSCF2331.jpg

And thats about it for now ,I will finish up the seats & runners and make up the doors next ,I will also scratch up a spare wheel mount for the side .

DSCF2332.jpg

Wont be long now until paint starts going on the interior :D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Very smart Chris, I know what's it like when your on a roll and can't stop to take pics lol.

Thanks mate ;) ..yeah ,its one of those kits ,when you start you just cant put it down !! ...lovin it ;D

Chris.

I wonder if the interior of the Italeri Dodge Ambulance would fit in this? Not that there is much of one in it either.

Thanks Scott & Rookie .

Scott ,I cant remember what is in the Italeri Ambulance ? ,dont think there was much like you say .
It wouldnt be to difficult to scratch up something ,mostly roundstock ,and Milliput for the canvas parts .

Here's the real thing ....

c15interior.jpg

c15side2.jpg

This one shows how tight the engine bay is !

c15engine.jpg

And off course ,if it all goes pear shaped ,it could always become a rusty range target :D

c15tatarget.jpg

Chris.

The Dodge would be this:

2455644836_cb4e36a0e0.jpg

3734700967_a9c3e64ef5.jpg

5065415781_4b2eb70d15_z.jpg

575419_346270718829744_796918254_n.jpg

I think it is actually a smaller vehicle. Interior of the rear looks smaller anyway.

Wonderful job so far. I love the work you did on the engine. Nice extra touch.

Latest posts

Back