CF-104D Starfighter in 1/48, HAsegawa kit with Leading Edge decals

Charlie
It looks great finished! I don't think the Alclad is too shiny - when these were relatively new, they glistened like chrome and reflected with a mirror-like finish. Sadly, the pedestal birds are looking pretty drab what with the years of exposure to the elements.
I also love that Sea Thing! I can smell the jet fuel from here, and I have an urge to wash my hands, knowing how grimy those old beasts are.
ALF

ALF18 said:
Charlie
It looks great finished! I don't think the Alclad is too shiny - when these were relatively new, they glistened like chrome and reflected with a mirror-like finish. Sadly, the pedestal birds are looking pretty drab what with the years of exposure to the elements.
I also love that Sea Thing! I can smell the jet fuel from here, and I have an urge to wash my hands, knowing how grimy those old beasts are.
ALF

Gday Dan

Thanks for the compliments buddy. if you say it looks right, I am very happy!
I have another 104 planned in the near future, it'll be a 1/48 single seater in the 441 black/white farewell scheme, then a few 1/72 single seaters in the nmf and overall green. I cant wait to see the new 1/32 Starfighter kit on the way! I built the Sea-Thing about 6 years ago. I had a great time building that one too, was my first major use of resin plus some light structural re-working to get a few details right. A former crewman from that very same helo (#438) looked it over at a hobby show once and said he really liked it except it wasnt dirty enough. :p

hilld said:
Wow. Beauty jet. Great finish. What did you prime with?

Thanks you. i used a few primers... First up was Tamiya gray liquid surface primer, thinned with laquer thinner,then airbrushed. I sanded that smooth then applied Alclad II gloss black base coat. That took forever to dry though. next time, Id like to try Krylon or some other gloss black laquer.

This is Beautiful! You should be proud 8) The Hasegawa 1/48 F-104s are such nice kits I've built one myself and still have one in the stash - I'll get round to it one day...

Cash said:
better lock it somewhere Smeagol might steal it! Shinnnyyy..... gj man :)

Lol, never had a LOTR reference on one of my builds before, thank you very much, smiling ear to ear right now.

Latest posts

Back