Captured Imperial Cargo Shuttle (Original Design)

Richard Baker

New to this Forum
This is a quick build from the late nineties- back when there were only three Star Wars films released and lot of dreams about what happens in that universe.
One Friday night I was having a few beers with a good friend and we got to talking about things which happned elsewhere during the fight between the Rebels and the Empire. I got a piece of paper and sketched out this design, then some sheet plastic and built the main hull as we talked. It was detailed up some and painted the following day.

About the design:
I wanted to show an Imperial craft which had both a utilitarian look about it but also had a bit of a mean attitude as well. Imperial shuttles (original trilogy) seem to love large dorsal wings (which I don't), two landing legs and a ventral personnel loading ramp. I also added two ball turrets because I had yet to see any unarmed Imperial craft. There is was a smaller turret above the engines but that has been damaged over the years since I built this. This model is about seven inches long and scale is about 1:200 or so.

Concept behind the build:
The Rebels managed to attack a small Imperial storage facility and obtained some much needed supplies. Going through the wreckage they find an Imperial cargo shuttle which, aside from a rather large hole blown through the starboard side seems to be salvageable.
The technicians get the systems back up and running. It has two dorsal cargo doors and the they remove the one abocve the ruined starboard cargo bay and add a remotely controlled twin heavy laser canon. They removed the large upper wing to save weight and to allow a greater field of fire for the new turret.
They weld some scrap plating cut from some other wrecked vessels over the large hole in the side and now the Rebels have a new ship to aid in their conflict.

eKZOjv5.jpg

9yrzAiG.jpg

otFO8R0.jpg

3UI7c0Y.jpg

zWSFJ6k.jpg

Latest posts

Back