Captured 1/72 X-Wing over at arcair.com

OK that is amazing. That's 1/72 folks. Wild.

After seeing that I have both a ton of inspiration for my 1/35 and absolutely no way that I can claim it as my idea!! not that it was in the first place.

Great find Charlie - thanks.

its not fair, how does someone get that good with such fine detail????? the x-wing is vicious, but that F/A-18, that's just insane, did anyone check out the tie fighter??

kponeprime said:
its not fair, how does someone get that good with such fine detail????? the x-wing is vicious, but that F/A-18, that's just insane, did anyone check out the tie fighter??

Tie Fighter is nuts. F/A 18 is off the charts. Mad max car too.

There's no way to reach this level without years of practice. Can't be any other way. For me his builds are nothing but encouragement and inspiration. Using stretched sprue for cockpit buttons!! Great idea and we all can try that one out. Just gotta slow down and do it.

It's top quality, masterful building.

It's easy for me as a newbie, to look at this stuff and see the gulf in skill between his work and mine. But it's like you said, Scott; You have to find encouragement and insipiration from such works.

For me, this hobby is about having fun and building what I want to build, the way I want it. But I also want to improve along the way.

This guy's at the top of his game and he's willing to share some of his knowledge with the scale model world (as are the rest of you). I find that hugely inspirational.

Now, if only I could start listening to the advice. ::)

Scott Girvan said:
There's no way to reach this level without years of practice. Can't be any other way. For me his builds are nothing but encouragement and inspiration. ... Just gotta slow down and do it.

Igard said:
For me, this hobby is about having fun and building what I want to build, the way I want it. But I also want to improve along the way.

Two awesome posts. 8)

Far too often I see modelers trying to rush to the end of the journey. Often they get frustrated with what they find when they get there because all of the lessons along the way that shape the modeler into what he is destined to become, never happened. It's like only reading the last chapter of a book, or skipping to the last chapter on the menu of a DVD, they end up making no sense.

As a kid, I was always in awe of the pictures seen in the really good model magazines, try as I might I could never quite get that same look I was seeing. As I got older, I realized the text in the article is far more important than the photos. After finding a few authors who really spelled it out for me and reading their articles over and over and over, I began to see improvements in my own modeling.

Every build I do is for fun and every build I do is a new set of experiments, a new attempt at reaching new goals, and more learning in each step. I still make some major goofs but over the years I've learned how to try and make those goofs work in my favor. Modeling should be a fun adventure free of stress and worry about 'measuring up'. Enjoy the walk and what you see on the way before you start running.

"The goal is completion, not perfection" ...after a while, the second one will be much closer to attainability with repeated success of the first. ;D

Ah Ken... again... word of wisdom !

so Uplifting to hear that ... really ! you should add "Social worker" to your list of qualification...

Since I adopted this philosophy... sort of...

I lost more friends than I made... so I join SMA ... and all has been good since !

Perfection killed the hobby for me....

learning new tricks and liking what I do is what saved me !!! and my hobby ! LOL !

Back to glue sniffing !!! I got a plane to catch !

thanks again Ken ! you spoke the truth !

and YES that webpage is NUTS.... beautiful work !

1st - Ken !! You Nalied it !! True Words of Wisdom with in that post !! Nothin But th Truth Bro !

On th Blog-Site - Hells Yeah ! Off-th-Chain builds !! That X-Wing, once you realize it's 1/72nd. , is Perfection !! I really Dig that Mad Max Ferrari ! & Yes That Tie Fighter is Sick too !! A Great Collection !!

Thanx for sharing th Link !!

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis.
Incredibly awesome and elaborately detailed!
Simply excellent!!!! ;D

"The goal is completion, not perfection" ...after a while, the second one will be much closer to attainability with repeated success of the first.

That is well said. You should write.

Latest posts

Back