DSC00364.jpg

conputer hair pulling out

conputer hair pulling out

I noticed I hadn't shown the underneath of the camber before
DSC00375.jpg

Picture of the underside camber with the decals on

DSC00377.jpg

Picture of the B105 decal after respraying it
Just as short note I spent the last four days doing the decals all when alright until the B105 white on the top wing (the bottom half of the one all of the zero and part of the five) whent like crazy paving when dry it took me a whole day to remove that damage and to do the masks to spray them back there are some touch ups to do on the camo.
The next couple of days I'll be put on 2 to 3 clear coat to seal everything down while that's the drying I'll get on with the painting the undercarriage bombs and Wing pots.
After I fitted these parts I will give the whole model a wash of dark dirt and one or two coats of Matt
It's a bit boring to watch decals going on so the video for the final part will show the finished model and some close for undercarriage bombs and Wing pops, then comes the final glamour shots to complete.
Bit of History
EE Canberra B.62, B-105 of Grupo 2 de Bombardeo, II Brigade AErea Squadron Fuerza AErea Argentina, Trelew Naval Air base during the Falklands War, May 1982. Standard scheme of Dark Sea Grey and dark green upper with Light Aircraft Grey underneath.
As for the other two angel interceptor should be finished round about the same time the Roadster hopefully will be finished before the close of the SMA big spring contest.
This year's SMA has been a lot of fun for me and hopefully you've had as much fun as I have hope all your endeavours have been in time for the end of the SMA I am looking forward to next Year's can't wait till it comes happy modeling to one and all see you soon bye for now.
PS
Hopefully I can get this all done by the 16th as I have a new project to start then there
GAZ MM diorama but this one doesn't finish-until October so I should have plenty of time to finish it during this time I will be getting on with some of the project that have been put to one side for some reason or other like the JU 52 Wallace and chronic plane and the diorama for them and not forgetting the Unimog to finish the windscreen and cab

I'm not going to lie mate, this has got to be your best model that I've seen! The shading is absolutely spot on and the camo's variety of subtle and hard shades are gorgeous!

All that pré-shading poking thru the colors is AWESOME ! very nicely done my old friend !

Can't wait for more....

keep up the good work !

is that the plane they Could start the Jet engines with Charges of black powders ???

Hi all your its is coming along nicely but she had her problems schweinhund227 it's actually post shading as I was trying a new method that I sore Philip flory do on his site I must admit I'm surprised how it turned out for the first time of doing it.
At this moment I don't have enough for video on the progress of the camber will have a few shots for you as it's been a low while since and updates been put up the first picture is of three bombs and of them pods there have been finished.
DSC00384.jpg
Next one is of the bombs fitted to the Bombay waiting for a mat coat.
DSC00398.jpg

This one is a shot of the underneath decals there have been finished.
DSC00399.jpg

This next one I have finished one Wing and started on the other one as you can see the white lines of which there are 10 of a given me a headache they go down all rights but I can only do one at a time and have to leave it to dry before going to the next one.
DSC00400.jpg

This close up of the wing the I've done shows the end of one line and the start of the next but the end cracked and moved as you can see in this close up shop I will have to go back after putting the finish coat and do a spray touchup but I'll wait till I have finished the other wing.
DSC00401.jpg

Thank you for your comments are really appreciate them I can't always get back to everybody as I have a lot going on at this time.
Keep up the modeling and buy for now

Schweinhund227 you write the engines are started with black powder charge. When the engine start as a big cloud of black smoke. I'm not sure where they are on you tube but I have seen them on their when I was doing my research on the camber.

What the heck!?! First they design a bird with the cockpit shifted slightly to the left, and then they make the engine start-up unconventional! I think it screams unique ;)

Lovin' the payload MM, and I'm excited to see the final reveal!

Hi Frut yes this is one I saw in the camber research there are a couple others and thanks for putting this up it saves me going searching for them.
It is a bit weird to start the engines with a charge it's like going back to the piston age to start engines I suppose it saves them dragging out by starting generator.
The only other time I remember seeing this happen was a the film ( Fly to the Phoenix ) on their they use one charge to to clean out the cylinders to get the engine restarted.
As for the cockpit arrangement I think there must have had in mind the DH mosquito and to give the pilot had better view the landing I don't know if this is a case I think that's the way they were thinking in designing it.
Well just what to say all the decals are down and I am putting down a couple of coats of finish to lock them in and then all I have to do is the wash and have the final mat coats should be finished by the end of the week same goes for the Chrysler imperial.
This year it looks like I'll be finished with time to spare and not have to rush to get them finished.
I hope your ones are going OK good luck we your entries
Well I'd better get back to the grindstone or I will never get these finished in time.

Canberra Airfix 1/48 Build complete

Canberra Airfix 1/48 Build complete

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

Well it seems to have gone all right just a couple of little points came up near the end the aerial tube from the cockpit had no place for it to fit same goes with the two on the tail and the support ran I had to drill these holes myself and find out where they were supposed to be.
All in all I think she's turned out quite well as a said at the beginning this one will take the time in painting as the building of it was very quick.
I decide to thank everybody at the sma for the contest and their hard work and those in the contest I wish you all good luck.
Alan re mademodeller
Thanks for your comments
Keep on modeling
It's Goodnight from him
And it's good night for me
and that's it for now
and I'll see you soon
bye for now

Build complete

Fantastic finish Alan, fantastic finish! Like I said, the shading and paint work is absolutely gorgeous on your build, and the subject lends itself to an uncommon finish as well. :)

As I said over on Youtube, you've made a first class job of this build Alan! It's a thing of beauty!

Good on ya for finishing up three very high quality builds for the contest 8) Cheers!

I really enjoyed your videos during this build. Thank you for describing your techniques in such detail. That makes us all better.

Latest posts

Back