Cale Yarbourogh mercury cyclone - wip

StyreneStylist

starting to build this one. Polar lights kits.

heres something to check out too Cales singing lol http://youtu.be/pMEa1SSnGM4

yarborough_spoiler.jpg

cleaned up and painted the roll bars. I added some paint chips and dust around corners and stuff.
the padding is masking tape cut in strips and wrapped around it.

IMGP1631.jpg

IMGP1632.jpg

IMGP1635.jpg

Great choice James!!! LOL...rember seeing him way back...many many moons ago brotha'~!~ Looks like you are off to a great start!! Keep it going! ;)

tried to replicate the splatter paint that was commonly used back then.

i think it turned out pretty good. combo of primer grey, white and black

IMGP0998-vi.jpg

IMGP1638.jpg

these polar lights kits are rough! the worst parts are the panel lines and thickness around the wheel arches.

you can see in these pics.
IMGP1657.jpg

IMGP1656.jpg

but a little re-scribing and thinning around the wheel arches makes a big difference!
IMGP1658.jpg

IMGP1655.jpg

Good to see this being built as I have a slew of these Polar Lights kits. Now I will use your build as a reference for mine.

some body work still goin on. I put a strip of styrene on the back of the hood to fill in the large gap there. I also sanded off the trim from the backside of the passenger windows just leaving the trim along the top edge

and major cleanup of the window openings. and the drivers side window trim needed to be sanded down to match the other side!

IMGP1671.jpg

IMGP1673.jpg

IMGP1672.jpg

hood painted, I drilled out the hood pins to use the ones from the 80's monogram kits and just added a loop of wire to them

IMGP1731.jpg

IMGP1734.jpg

Latest posts

Back