C 141B Starlifter 1/200 Cyber Hobby

smokeriderdon

Well, as I struggle with the cursed A-10, I have decided to start on this model. I HATE the uber small scale, but it is the only 141 I can find. The cock pit is woeful, so I am going to have to figure out how to do something with it. This is the aircraft I flew on when I was in the USAF, so it holds a special place in my heart.

But, before I really get going on this baby, I have a question for you fine folks. Below is the interior of a 141. What &$%^$%^&^%^% color is that? Bluegraygreen? I never really analyzed it while I was on it, and now that I want to actually paint something that color, not really sure how to get there. LOL

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ditto on the useless 1/200 scale. If you don't mind a resin kit, Anigrand has 1/72 scale kits of both the C-141A and C-141B. The have 26" wingspans. Sure would look purty sittin' next to one of their 1/72 scale, 37" wingspan, 41" long C-5B Galaxy kits. ;)

The interior color in question is FS 25414. It replaced the original green color in order to reduce IR surface reflectance and improve compatibility/operability with NVGs. You can find the information on p.17 of AL/CF-TR-1993-0095.

Why thank you kind sir! I do not have a place to put such a model. But when I do, I will be sure to get both of those. That WOULD be an awesome sight.

Christmas and New Years and all that jazz got a bit in the way of building. Hopefully all of you had a good ones.

First. The cockpit is pathetic. NO detail. BUT, at this scale I am not going to worry over it. Except one thing. The floor only has two seats molded onto it. With absolutely retarded representations of people. The 141 had 4 seats. Pilot, co pilot, flight engineer and navigator. I sawed off the "pilots" and did a couple of rough seats. Once the glass goes on, all you can really see is shape, so I wasnt worried about getting it perfect. Same for the paint.

The engines were simple affairs, but had some gap issues.

The cockpit and cargo area are being painted in the closest color I could find to the real thing. This is after a couple coats. A couple more went on after the pics.

I taped the parts together to see how well it fit. Not bad, but there will be a little putty and sanding. You can see the original two seat floor in this pic.

More in a day or three.

Latest posts

Back