Builing Italeri's PT 109: The Last Night

Thanks G!! Workbench... ;D Dinning room table ;) Hope to have some more on this soon. I have been playing around on a couple things....juggling sounds better!! ;)

My meager update on this one. I finally cleaned the final parts for the hull as well as scratch building another support for the prop shaft...yeah, I lost it somewhere.

PT2001_zps61c025c3.jpg

I managed to finish the mufflers too!

PT2006_zps2d78ff54.jpg

And last but not least, I sot some primer down. I have the paint on order and should be here hopefully this week. I will give the lower end a coat tomorrow I think.

PT2010_zps9c288ad5.jpg

PT2011_zpsea7c0371.jpg

I will take some time tonight to clean up some of the first deck pieces that need to be placed.

As always thanks for dropping in!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

John - Thanks!! I will be looking forward to it too!!! ;D

Rookie - Thanks my friend! Every little bit I suppose!! ;)

Adam - Thanks! LOL waiting on the paint to dry!! ::) Cleaned up a number of tiny part for today!! Going to sail her up here in a minute and see what I can do this fine morning!! ;D

Thanks Matt!! Beginning to enjoy this more once I get past a couple of smaller items! Hope to have another update a little bit later!!

This is going to be a hot build. :) better watch out in the BSC. My brain has concocted a scheme of schemes! Can't wait to see this in the weathering phase!

Thanks Badge! Scheme of scheme ey? LOL!!! I likey!!! I must be out of it....when is it again! ::) Not sure what I can "conjure" up...I am sure I can find something that I might actually finish this year!!! Reminds me....there is a sub in the lineup ya know!! .....say the word brotha'....say the word! ;D

Worked a bit on her today! The Wheel house needed a little attention before I , especially the 109, had some armor plating to the left of the wheel. I cut a piece of 0.015" sheet stock to replicate what was on the 109.

025_zps3e398b9a.jpg

After slapping up the sheet I thought I was home free....then I noticed another small anomaly. The rear wall to the wheel section in the kit part is a little chunky and there were two pin marks I did not catch till now. In itself, not a big deal as you could just sand the pin marks down and continue on. I decided to scratch a new back plate to remove the thicker lower part.

Old Part....

005_zpse4e549a5.jpg

Making the new...

010_zps9e5ec902.jpg

Not a very complex shape this took little time to replicate. I noticed some rivets on the small return section at the entrance, with a quick look at some picture online there are some small brackets that hold the whole thing together. The rivets are on the side plate, but were never on the rear plate. A couple of quick lines and voila.

029_zps2c9dcfcd.jpg

018_zps53bf88c5.jpg

021_zpsc2142bc0.jpg

023_zpsae7bf931.jpg

In addition to playing around with the bridge, I was able to sit and fire up the AB and attack the lower hull.

053_zpsc7f3b05b.jpg

I also wanted to get a jump on the linkage and props since the AB was all warmed up! A little Alclad Chrome for the linkage. Not wanting them to be bright and shinny, I laid down one good coat. The black base shows ever so slightly and the chrome give the appearance of metal shine to them.

022_zps7329e38d.jpg

The props were pretty much the same except brass Alclad. Again with the black base it kept these with a slightly bronze appearance.

029_zps6bda3f1b.jpg

That's it for tonight. Back at her throughout the week.

Thanks for tuning in!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice scratching there T. I like the hull colour . Theses were made from wood weren't they ?

rookie said:
Nice scratching there T. I like the hull colour . Theses were made from wood weren't they ?

Thanks Rook! Yeah, they were plywood/woood mix. The armor around the wheel house was steel. Some of the "armor" around the guns, I read somewhere as that being plywood in places...hence the term "Plywood Coffins" ;D

Thanks Badge!! You can see me itching to get painting!!! Ohhh, the weathering too!! 8)

Thanks Adam!! ;)

Latest posts

Back