Bronco Buffalo MPCV " BoneCrusher"

andrei383 said:
i think i wouldve gone blind with that much photoetch! awesome work!

Thank heavens for my OptiVisor w/ Quasar LED light enhancement......It was easy, breezy, beautiful, Covergirl with those :)

Primo Prime-O ! Just need to hit all those tiny bits on the other side and its time for preshade and paint!!!

image-1674.jpg

SWEET! I am looking forward to seeing this mighty beast painted!

Thank you everyone :). You won't have to wait long on paint. I just finished priming the slats and small bits. Ran put of Tamiya Primer, so I'm using thin coats of rustloleum for the resin wheels which are currently taking a bath in simple green to remove the release agent

This is an awesome level of detail, it all looks so authentic, what a complex build you've got going on here. It's really coming along quite nicely.

I don't know much about this thing, but what are the ladder like railing things you've been making for this? What do they do?

Looks like I've missed out on this build! Sorry man, excellent stuff! I'll be watching now for sure!

I've found that for road wheels, Rustoleum Automotive Primer works AWESOME. it's especially effective on resin. It goes on scary thick and obscures all detail BUT never fear because as it dries it shrinks down and levels off. Once fully cured, take a cloth and rub the surfaces lightly to give a slight gloss to high spots. They turned out much better than expected. Maybe layin down some AK122 after my drive for work tonight.

image-2130.jpg

Thanks to the EZ Masks included with the Def wheels, I made short work of laying down the AK122 on them. The paint has great coverage and accuracy. Absolutely cannot wait to lay down the entire basecoat tomorrow!
image-400.jpg

thank you for the tip on the wheel paint TBadger 8),looking really good! I know we are supposed to wash our etch after soldering but may i ask what chemical you are soaking them in? is it the distilled water to keep mineral buildup out until paint? ???

Basecoat what what?!?!?
image-1531.jpg
Threw in the windows and touch up some small spots
image-1930.jpg
image-1809.jpg
I added the decals and some quick MicrSol to lay the down and dither the edges. Finally, I painted the mudguards and fixed them in place.
image-991.jpg
image-333.jpg

Dasboote: I did a light scrub with lacquer thinner to remove all oils and residues, the stored them in Distilled water to prevent any oxidation while waiting to prime. Once that day came, I I power dried them with a heat gun and laid the primer down decently heavy. Let it all cure before you touch it though.

Latest posts

Back