Bronco Buffalo MPCV " BoneCrusher"

Man it is almost too pretty to paint! ;D , Great work on this, and you knocked it out in no time!

PANIC ON THE HOMEFRONT!!!!
image-925.jpg
Don't worry I made the repairs quickly, rinsed the injuries with Laquer Thinner and submerged them all in the Distilled Bacta Tanks :)
image-2006.jpg
I added most of the PE required for the slats, constructed the antennae and started per prep for a paint plan
image-1972.jpg
This is the main support beam for the slat armor that mounts along the bottom edge....( folding cleanly would be near impossible without the Hold&Fold station!!!).....plan is to have all of it ready for the slat sections and paint them separate and install them after the beast is mounted to the base...
image-930.jpg

They were the slats done in Rosin Flux......it didn't flow the solder into the joints therefore once I rinsed with the thinner to dissolve residue, the rosin dissolved and all the slats went crazy. 2 full units needed rebuilds and 4 needed some odds and ends slats replaced...

Managed a few extra minutes after dinner since the wife was coloring her hair......finished all of the passenger side, hood area and 50% of the drivers side. Just have the aft section and the front bumper. Prob not going to have too much progress until the weekend though :(

image-252.jpg

Well boys, it's PRIME TIME!!!
image-1035.jpg
image-1686.jpg
image-2341.jpg
Teeny tiny windshield wipers :)
image-1387.jpg
Can't wait to lay some fine grey all over this thing....but maybe I should use black like LGB did on his M114???......opinions?
image-967.jpg

Funny story for you Tbadger. My oldest son who is eleven is also wanting to do a build together. While he has done some smaller snap tite models in the past, mainly from car shows i have attended as give aways. He wants to do something more in-depth now. And since his little brother is currently starting a build with me he has also gained interest even more.

So last night we are both poking around on Megahobby.com and scalehobbyist.com and he was looking at an M113 initially then he came across the exact same kit you are building, the Bronco MPCV, and says "Dad THATS' the one I want to do". So I promptly logged into scalemodeladdict and got to your build thread and told him "if after looking at this you still want to tackle the project I will order it for you tonight, but you first have to see what it will take to complete" and then I had him look at your build from beginning to where it is now. He promptly told me that he may want to wait till his "second kit build" to tackle this model! 8) . I just smiled back and said I think that was a good choice!

Whew dodged a bullet on that one!!

Great work so far on this though!

Seeing as to my own inexperience, this has been a total learning experience......I would ultimately suggest you son check out teh M1a2 Abrams Tusk II from Tamiya. It looks just a easy to build as any Tamiya kit and its extremely detailed. I think most would agree it'd be a great start into modern armor.

That being said, this thing has been a bear and im glad i had enough to to truly devote to it. If I hadnt been on a Christmas stand-down from the military I wouldn't be past page 2 !

Thanks for the kinds words, and I hope your son finds that "gotta have it" kit :)

Love those wipers!

Personally I always prime with black, acts as a pre-shade, hides any missed spots in shadow etc. But that's just my preference.

I haven't done any priming in black but based on LGB's results I would say go for it. The results so far are impressive to say the least.

I'm priming in the grey, grading a matte black from the undercarriage up to about 1/3 up and in recesses...then highlighting with bright white all of the sun bleached areas. Then a super thin mist of AK122 until it looks right

holy WOWzers. that is such a sick build.
WE WANT PAINT
WE WANT PAINT
WE WANT PAINT

Latest posts

Back