Bronco Buffalo MPCV " BoneCrusher"

Progress continues.
Thanks for the heads up on the detail and placement positions. Sometimes the i-sheets get it wrong ;)

Once construction is complete and the LionRoar is ready to go on, I'll do a comprehensive spot check on instructions and show exact placements of components and parts according to the manual. Some of those cutaways are hard to decipher.

Note to self, don't tackle a Bronco kit anytime soon....lol.

Looking good T.

Sweet...off and running!!! Looking great Badge!!! Instructions read like a bible ey? Keep up the great work!!! FYI...getting close to want to break out the Mayland!!! ::)

Got some more done this afternoon....essentially a rolling chassis now
image-170.jpg
Managed to mount the rear suspension and install the support eyelets....very difficult to cut to length
image-171.jpg
There's also another wire as shown in the instructions like the front set....stiff copper wire was used once again
image-172.jpg
Connect the drive shafts with some spare sprue.... They're literally 10mm too short too fit into the mid-body cowl
image-173.jpg
I followed it all up by mounting the rear "tow package" and squeezing in some weld lines with the cement excess
image-174.jpg

I skipped the wheel step since I have Def. Model's sagged wheel set, and may I add, TOTALLY worth the investment.
image-175.jpg
The channel in the middle of the cowl needs to be widened by 2mm and I used a cylinder file to deepen it by around 3-5mm. This allowed the connected rods to sit and the cowl to sit flush on the hull
image-176.jpg
Also, as not noted in the manual, remove these nubbins with a razor or a file BEFORE you install the venting scoops
image-177.jpg
The optional side rails were straightened after this shot....not a necessary addition, but we'll see as the build continues. I'm sure the photo etch comes with the type A box armor which requires me to reroute the exhaust
image-178.jpg
I wanted to dry fit the wheels sooooo.....if you wanna hack off these posts cleanly, just use a razor saw and nice clean strokes
image-179.jpg
The sag makes it easy to set up for pics, that's for sure. A regular fine file helps to smooth/even out the ground contact
image-180.jpg
Make sure to clean resin parts in a mild detergent after they're cleaned up and fitted....room temperature water and some SimpleGreen seems to work great

Now for my heart attack.....yeah. That's really 16 frets of PE to be added on! LionRoar kits are no joke!
image-181.jpg

This is the part I want to see :) looking good so far badger

That's a moderately big amount of PE, but I think you will still be able to see the plastic. You should add more ;D

image-183.jpg
I've only done the bulk of these 2 pages except for the dashboard...all while watching Doctor Who. I'm a new fan of the series!
image-182.jpg
Dressed in Tamiya Fine Grey Primer
image-184.jpg
Hosed the inside with basic matte black...will add some dry brushing and dust effects once the seats are shored up
image-185.jpg
Hope to have the interior finished soon. Would like to make the cab removable so you can view the interior fully....we shall see how that turns out. Should I use magnets as a sort of latch system?

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

are you going to change the color of the "padded" Anti-Spawling fabric? Or you are going to leave it black?

Nice work on this big gal! BTW!

Yeah, i plan on making it as accurate as possible. I'm still looking for top notch refrence photos of the interior and some close ups. Not many exist as far as I can find.

Not my photo, but glad to share it if you don't have it already?

93206e11a3d1a103d2c6f26b8a88de9e.jpg

Lots of interior shots on the Web!

buffalo,MRAP,Interior. Should yield some good ones in google!

Good luck buddy!

Latest posts

Back