Bronco 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 221 mit 2.8cm s.Pz.B.41

Dusky

Header.jpg

Here is one of the many projects I've been working off and on. It's a very easy and straight forward build. The suspension is made up of many parts, including metal springs, but as it is, it is not working. It wouldn't be hard to modify it to make it working. I painted the suspension parts prior to final assembly with MM Panzer Schwarzgrau and I don't plan on using it or other enamels again so it will not be the final color. For some reason I decided to attach the wheels prior to attaching the fenders. *facepalm* I just hope I can attach the fenders without much trouble.
IMG_3500.JPG

Also in the above photo is the body of the 2.8cm s.Pz.B.41 gun.
IMG_3503.JPG

One issue I have had so far is part B10 of the suspension in that it was too long for me and I had to trim it down to fit.

Thats a sweet little kit. I eventually want to get into the older German and even U.S. armor but so far I've really only done modern armor. Looks good so far though, are you going to do the paint scheme seen on the box or are you planning something else?

This wouldn't be a bad kit to get started with WWII armor.

There are four marking options in the box, two in overall panzer gray, one like the box, and one in tricolor made up of large patches. I'll be keeping mine simple in overall panzer gray.

with my new found interest in WWII vehicles i will definitely be watching this build! looking forward to it! ;D

All the interior pieces are ready for paint. I use an ice cube tray to keep all the loose parts organized. The top half of the hull is mostly complete as well.
IMG_3505.JPG

I thought I heard "ready for Paint"!! LOL!!! Looks great btw!!

nice clean build mate! ;D great tip about the ice cube tray, i just use a small bowl but parts tend to get lost in it anyways!

Bronco has some really nice kits. This is a cool German vehicle. The kit looks like it comes with a complete interior? Build is coming together nicely and clean. Looking forward to the finished results.

It's a complete interior, but I think I've read that it is the same interior in all their 221 kits and that it's technically a 222 interior. But it sure looks nice to me, even if I did lose a part.

And the various paints I have are not cooperating and making me bang my head against the wall. The paints I'd like to use are not ones I can obtain locally, and two I can't even obtain in the US really. And I'd much prefer to airbrush. I may hold off on this one till winter break.

Latest posts

Back