Brands of HairSpray?

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
What brands of hairspray are the best to use for the chipping technique? Are there specific ones to stay away from? Scented or UnScented make a difference?

I'm stopping after work to pick up a can and I'd rather not look like a Mary perusing the beauty section at the local WalMart 8) I need to figure it out before I jump into the Post Apocalypse GB with my Umbrella Blackhawk.

have not used it yet.. maybe this weekend... but I got suave max hold for my first attempt at HS chipping..

I actually had my girlfriend pick it up.. I told her to get "just regular ol hairspray nothing fancy or whatever" and that is what she came home with..

be interested to see what the ol pros have to say about brands and if there is much difference

It doesn't make a difference, but the ak chipping fluids are less smelly :)

Hairspray in different countries may have different ingredients which effect how it works. This is one of the main reasons AK created the acrylic chipping fluid, (and now MIG Productions has followed suite) often times modelers from one part of the world would get different results from elsewhere and it caused difficulty and confusion when trying to explain methods on an internet forum. Different countries have different rules and regulations about propellent etc. so the products will behave differently. With a 'standard' product available across the globe, the playing field would be even and everyone could get the same results.

Also, you have options of 'extra hold' and/or 'extra body' type hairsprays and this means there are other ingredients that may also effect the way it works.

I use TREsemme Tres Two Ultra Fine Mist Hair Spray for a few reasons. 1, this is the brand that I've seen in numerous articles by names like Rick Lawler and Michael Rinaldi and I wanted the same results as they, 2, it sprays so fine decanting for the airbrush isn't needed if you are looking for overall coverage, 3, it's what was in the house already. ;)

Latest posts

Back