Birds of Prey (not Klingon !! )

Jelly

Rob. G.
:) From the same visit (see the “scultures thread) that my wife and me paid last January to “Oceanográfic”, here are a lot of pic of BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL birds of prey used to hunt with an ancient technique that we (in Castilian) name “Cetrería”.

Nothing, absolutely nothing surpases nature´s beauty.

I´m sorry but I don´t know the English name of those beautiful birds…

Here they go…

P2050075.jpg

P2050074.jpg

P2050035.jpg

P2050032.jpg

P2050073.jpg

P2050072.jpg

P2050069.jpg

P2050036.jpg

P2050033.jpg

P2050071.jpg

P2050070.jpg

P2050068.jpg

P2050067.jpg

P2050037.jpg

P2050039.jpg

P2050038.jpg

Well, these are not as “spectacular” as the birds of prey, but they are equally nice for me:

P2050056.jpg

P2050055.jpg

P2050048.jpg

P2050047.jpg

And a close-up of a leopard seal, nice one, ah?

P2050053.jpg

P2050052.jpg

Hope you like this micro-photo-show.
Cheers
RG

13aceofspades13 said:
those are some awesome birds..

;) Hey Ace, if they´re awesome in photo... you should see them @ 6 feet of distance.. they´re GREAT ! Sure buddy!

RG

those are Real Nice. ill be getting back into my First Hoby Real soon because i just Ordered This to Extend my range and Give me More Options,

back to teh Pics Does that first Guy have Chrome Claws?? lol

Wow! Beautiful photos and even more incredible are the birds. Thanks for posting.

JELLY,

WOW !! Great pix !! I think th 3rd. Bird of Prey is a Golden Eagle ... .What do They call these birds in Spain ?

Great pix of th Ducks & seal !

Thanx for sharing !

Now there is a paint job for you.

Take an F-15.....and paint it like that Golden Eagle, gold head at the nose, feathers back through the fuselage....talk about the ultimate camo!! LOL

:)

Hey guys, I´m glad you´ve liked the photos :)

Well, Erik, I think that the three differents birds of prey are:

First one (white one) : Buho blanco – Bubo scandicus

Second one : Buho del bosque – Bubo nipalensis

Third one (eagle) : Aguila Real – Aquila chrysaetos

They regularly do exhibitions of falconry (in the Oceanográfic A.L. Park).

Past Friday I went to Biopark (a kind of open zoo), but I left the camera at home... there are a lot of spectacular animals there...

... they are very nice to see... although I firmly believe that animals are born to be free, not to be enclosed... but very sadly I must recognize that endangered species get more chances to survive and not getting extincted in captivity :(

Hawks and Eagles are my favorite birds, Hawks can dive extremely fast, and eagles besides being my national bird, is just awesome!

The English name for the first bird is a Snowy Owl.

The last bird before the seal is a type of Pelican. I don't know the variety if there is one.

Again, thanks for posting these Jelly. :)

:D :D Thanks a lot for the comments, guys, I knew you would appreciate the beauty of the birds.

I wish I had a photo of Good Ol´ ROMULUS, a 25 years old Rhino that lives in the Biopark.

But I am a First Rate Certified A*****E ( :-X ) and forgot my camera at home.

Man, thats an animal, believe me.

Latest posts

Back