Bin Laden Dead

Elm City Hobbies

US JSOC forces based on a tip 3 weeks ago, captured and killed Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan today.

Personally I don't see how this really changes anything..., I don't think that Al Quida is just going to give up now just because their leader is now dead.

I know political and/or religion threads are not allowed, this is neither, I only posted this as a discussion piece and for those that are living under a rock and don't listen/read the news, so please keep politics and religion out of this thread, or I will be forced to close/delete the thread.

Took them long enough but hey at least the goal of Afghani war was reached.

Personally, I would rather have had him alive so he could stand trial. But you can't have all, I guess...

In any case, it probably isn't going to change much. He was really just a public image - nothing more. There're still plenty of nutcases out there willing to blow themselves up in the name of religion...

Just heard news about 15 mins ago, I got a text from my best mate. My initial reaction was a torrent of swearing. But at least now they can go home and let the afghanis take control, now is the danger time, they need to make the right decision.

As far as political and/or religion threads go - again, I don't have a problem with adults sharing views/thoughts in an adult manner - but no throwing mud.

Yeah - doubt this will change much. Might actually fuel the Al Quida fire.

i am hearing of it all over the place, i heard about it at 6AM this morning.

Cuddling with the wife, just after Iron Man, switched to NBC, read the title, had a little impromptu party.

NOW we can wave the banner, "Mission Accomplished"!

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
Just heard news about 15 mins ago, I got a text from my best mate. My initial reaction was a torrent of swearing. But at least now they can go home and let the afghanis take control, now is the danger time, they need to make the right decision.

I really don't think this event will change anything, I know that is why they went to Afghanistan in the first place, but I don't believe his death will speed up the exit of foreign troops from Afghanistan, as nothing really has changed, if anything, Bin Laden's death will only strengthen the resolve of Al Queda. This one death doesn't mean it is over.

Funny how the conspiracy theorists come out of the wood work.

Everything from he isn't really dead, to he has been dead since the big push in Tora Bora, but the US hasn't said anything because they wanted to stay and fight (as if), the same conspiracy people that were saying he has been dead for years, are now saying that he really isn't dead. And some are saying that he has been dead for about 6 months, and they were keeping a lid on it to use the info at an opportune time to make Obama a Hero in the eyes of the American People because he is supposedly getting hammered by Donald Trump.

Gotta love the Conspiracy People.....Bin Laden is sitting in his PJ's watching teletoon, eating bon bons, smoking a cigar and drinking the finest cognac....right there with Elvis, Marlyn Monroe, JFK and Hitler.

Going to be honest here.
If this had happened even five years ago, I might have cared.

At this point, it means nothing really. It just means that he's dead.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad our people got the job done. And I give them full kudos for doing it.
I just don't see it as effecting the big picture anymore

Quaralane said:
Going to be honest here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad our people got the job done. And I give them full kudos for doing it.

We will get them no matter how long they hide is a pretty potent message.

Quaralane said:
Going to be honest here.

yep, it took us near a decade just to "find him and kill him." im a patriout but, it would have had a bigger effect if it would have happened sooner.

His death won't mean much in the grand scheme, however they also got all this computers and docs. If he was still active in the terrorist network, that is major.

AKE said:
His death won't mean much in the grand scheme, however they also got all this computers and docs. If he was still active in the terrorist network, that is major.

If all the conspiracy theorists are wrong, that is.... ;D

Latest posts

Back