Walking Dead

Junkie

So...anyone else into the TV series The Walking Dead? Season 3 Finale tomorrow...

Our sattelite contract is out....so ive missed the last 3 and tonight's episode. I plan to buy them on Amazon instant video after the finale

There's bound to be a big cliff hanger. So far the end of each season has been a forced change of location...so I expect that. They might have left the prison already, who knows? I won't spoil it for TBadger, but I don't expect any major losses this week...but something major is for sure.

Looking forward to the finale. I think this has been the best season yet.

yeah its a killer show! Huge zombie fan over hear. All the AMC original shows are quality especially Breaking Bad.

Same here. I've watched season 1, 2 and half of 3 this week...marathon on AMC. I had missed most of season 2 so now I know the entire plot/arc.

3 has been alot edgier, for sure. Most of the crew are pretty much without conscience. Carl has really become cold and Rick, well Rick is pretty much a Walker himself. I love the writing of the show, great characters. Gotta say, Daryl has got to be my favorite.

If this was starwars he'd be Boba Fett. That crossbow is pretty kewl.

I wonder why they didn't call them Zombies? I find that odd. The entire modern world knows and uses that term.

Can't be trademarked...could it?

Scott Girvan said:
I wonder why they didn't call them Zombies? I find that odd. The entire modern world knows and uses that term.

Calling them Zombies would not be politically correct Scott. LOL!!! ;D

You could be onto something. Check this definition:

Noun
Originally, a snake-deity of or deriving from West Africa and Haiti.
A soulless corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, esp. in certain African and Caribbean religions.

Since it's a disease related thing...well I bet the decision was made so as to not promote religious debate...or something; whatever.

Interesting. That may actually be the reason. Or maybe they just decided that the word Zombie in itself is too cliche and decided to go against the norm. Very good question Scott and you know I had never even thought about them not using the word zombie before now.

Have never seen a episode of the show Scott. Living with all females (lord have mercy on me haha), I only get to see Greys Anatomy, Revenge, Grimm, etc etc etc lol. I have managed to get a flat screen in my work area with a directv box hooked to it for when Im working on a model but I always find myself watching FSC catching up on my UK football from the Barclays Premier League or Pawn Stars, Duck Dynasty, etc etc. Might have to look into the show and purchasing the prior seasons to catch myself up on whats going on. I hate jumping into a show four seasons too late having no clue what went on to that point.

I hear you Hooter. Basically: World Ends. Zombie everywhere. Group goes from nice democracy to numb dictatorship in about a year.

Gotta be a reason CT. Funny it never came up in the show.

Scott Girvan said:

From what I read about that and am a huge fan of the show is it's supose to be in a alternet world where Zombies were never herad of basically earth on another time line. If that clears it up any.

CTspeedshop said:

Nice.

arohk said:
From what I read about that and am a huge fan of the show is it's supose to be in a alternet world where Zombies were never herad of basically earth on another time line. If that clears it up any.

That works too.

+++

Cool show. Some surprises - didn't see the massacre coming, or the group staying to fight. I believed they were gone. Andrea...makes sense.

Overall doesn't really leave me with too many big questions in terms of cliff hanger...but Season 4 will be cool. Lots of folks to feed....on.

I also like the talking dead there is a lot of interesting info on it thats where the producers were mentioning the whole why they are not called zombies thing

I think 'biter' is a better name and seems like somethin people would actually use.
There have been some weak moments in the series but overall quite entertaining, id still rate Dexter as a better show though.

There is a new show out of the UK called 'In The Flesh' that looks interesting, it shows people who had been infected (zombies/walkers/biters/undead) but were being treated and rehabed to go back into society which is a pretty original idea.

Ill be watching the series finale tomorrow when the wife goes shopping. She got nightmares from The Mummy ::)

Latest posts

Back