Bandai Star wars release schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curiosity got the best of me...

jbh1lcCDLOh4KN.jpg

jUQAkqVauMHES.jpg

Really like these Bandai kits...

So...easy build? Is that the kit supplied base? Nice.

Scott Girvan said:
So...easy build? Is that the kit supplied base? Nice.

Really easy to build. The whole thing is built in like 8 steps. I just snapped it together. Used a mini router to widen some of the internal plugs to make it easier to take apart for when I get around to painting it.

And that is the kit supplied base! Not sure if it was the base from the Tie Fighter or the Advanced though. They are pretty neat bases.

Can't wait to see what else they will do in 1/72. Sadly we probably won't hear much until the Shizuoka hobby show which is in the beginning of May.

Cool. Thanks.

They are on fire for sure, kits coming out all the time. The droids really tempt me. I have the old MPC R2 kit that I'd like to build - i think it's decent - but man those 2 new bandai droids look sweet.

A 1/48 AT-AT would be hard to resist as well.

Just for completions sake here's the opposite version of what I made earlier. The standard Tie's panels don't fit so well on the Advance. Personally I don't think it looks as cool as the first one I posted.

jb1yFo9ISdASdK.jpg

jburL7XnJoLo2d.jpg

My copy of the AT-ST arrived today. Video review coming up in the next 48hrs. It's nice. How nice? We'll see.

As reported over at Starship Modeller,....a link to Star Wars 7 website .......confirmation of the BanDai Star Destroyer?
http://thecantina.starwars7news.com/index.php?threads/new-bandai-star-destroyer.2073/

RBanks said:
Bandai Models of Japan, since acquiring their license to produce Star Wars model kits, have put forth some of the finest Star Wars kits ever produced.

I have all of their current Star Wars kits, as well as a couple of their suitcase-sized 1/60 Perfect Grade Gundam kits, and two of their excellent 1/850 Scale Star Trek kits which include complex pre-painted aztec color schemes and full lighting effects out of the box.

Their kits are easily on par with the company that sets the standard by which all others are judged-Tamiya. To say a company produces a "Tamiya Quality" kit is the highest compliment a manufacturer can receive. Bandai kits are Tamiya Quality.

Today, my friend who owns our local hobby shop confirmed to me that Bandai is indeed producing the model that was their centerpiece at the 2014 Tokyo Model Show- The 1/1700 Scale Imperial Star Destroyer with full fiber-optic lighting package, detailed hangar bay, and adjustable display stand.

At over 3.5 feet overall length, and with a parts count purported to approach 1000, this may be the largest mass-produced Star Wars model kit ever produced. Needless to say, this will be a must-have kit for many, including myself. Release is scheduled for the 3rd quarter of 2015, and MSRP is estimated to be around $400.00 USD.

J

Will be awesome. $400 puts it out of my reach but still...awesome.

It will take $400 worth of grey paint too. xP

Yeah, too pricey.

IN other news, if anyone knows of a US Customs position on the west coast checking out Japanese cargo containers.... ;D

OK guys,.....time to get salivating again & get your credit cards-a-ready

....some images of new Bandai stuff:

01.jpg

02.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60PmoyhfK7U[/youtube]
3PO looks gorgeous:
01.jpg

02.jpg

11074704_10206566179296802_5160993739039588870_n.jpg

J

I wonder if their Snowspeeder will trump the FM version. Something tells me Bandai won't disappoint.

Dunno,....the X-Wing is good but all that electronics makes it a bit toy-ish to me

The 3PO on the other hand exceeds my expectations,.....the images that we saw at the Bandai show of 3PO didn't look that great,....his face looked off & he didn't have the chrome paint job

There has been speculation that 3PO would indeed get a chrome coating because of the price difference between him & the other figures (DV, Stormie & the Astrodroids)

Bandai's stuff is brilliant,.....I can't not buy it
J

MandoMan531 said:
Must......have...... Star....Destroyer......

1/48 is probably a definite buy as well

Somehow I read that as one sentence and thought Bandai announced a 1/48 Star Destroyer. I really need to slow down sometimes. ::)

Nice! I want the 1/48 X Wing but don't wantvthe electrics.....but ofcourse will have to pay the high premium to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back