Bandai First Order TIE Fighter 1/72 (Force Awakens)

PixelMagic

As always I start with painting the pilot figures. Unfortunately, I dropped the seated pilot figure down the sink and he's gone for good...heh. Fortunately, a kind modeler says he doesn't use his pilot figures, and is sending me a replacement. When the seated one gets here, I'll paint him up too.

IaQgZCe.jpg

I'm always impressed with your level of detail on these tiny figures. Off to a very good start minus the sink set back. :p

Zow !

That penny looks real !!

;D

like Hagoth says , Your work with these tiny figures is outstanding

Cheers ,
Uru

I haven't made much more progress on this build because I got a bit sidetracked.

A few people have asked me how I paint my pilot figures on my starfighters. That inspired me to film a tutorial on my methods for painting them. The paints, thinners, brushes, etc that I use. Here is a little tease from the video. I hope to have the full video up this weekend.

HKcZpmt.jpg

Yes I will defiantly be interested on your painting video. That little dude looks fantastic.

Great! Something to distract me from my projects now. ;D

Looking forward to it. This should be very insightful.

Hagoth said:
Great! Something to distract me from my projects now. ;D

Looking forward to it. This should be very insightful.

The video will only be a few minutes. Can't distract you for too long. :)

Hey guys. After many requests on how I paint my pilot figures, I've uploaded this video tutorial. I hope you enjoy it. Please leave any comments or questions below. Also if you have any suggestions for future tutorials, let me know. Thanks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKomOdHI6tY[/youtube]

Tutorial result...

xLc85Wo.jpg

[
e8tNG31.jpg

u64EkZA.jpg

rbcoZeB.jpg

Very informative and well done figure painting tutorial! Thank you! This is one I will be watching more than once. ;)

Latest posts

Back