Bandai 1/12 Darth Vader

I recently got my hands on all three new offerings from Bandai now that they have taken over the Star Wars license! I have been eagerly awaiting these kits and I have one each: 1/72 X-wing, 1/72 TIE Advance/x1, and the 1/12 Darth Vader. I have the Fine Molds version of the X-wing and TIE, so while I was excited about getting a new version of those kits, I was really excited about the idea of a Darth Vader model kit... and it doesn't disappoint! The model goes together a lot like a Bandai gundam kit, which is a good thing as the joints and seams practically disappear and the kit offers a wide rang of posing options. It was designed to be built right out of the box and is supplied with both waterslide decals and stickers, depending on what your skill level is. I opted to leave those off for the time being because I want to fill the seams and paint this kit to give it the perfect finish. Here is what it looks like now, before paint:

667606_md-Darth%20Vader.jpg
667631_md-Darth%20Vader.jpg

He does look really great right out of the box. Its nice to hear that bandai is supplying waterslides with these kits.

Latest posts

Back