Bad Kitty!! - Completed!

Re: Bad Kitty!!

Thanks Spud!!

Thanks BJ!! The line isn't sold commercially...yet. Richard (K4) is still working getting things all set and ready though. I am sure it wont be long. I was lucky enough to obtain some early samples in order to review some of what he will be offering.

Small update:

Had a great day today!! Hanging out with Steve, Rob, Ken and some of the guys from Nordland Amps over at the Celticwerks Command Post! Thanks for having me fellas!!

Whilst there, I was able to muscle out a little more soot and ash on the kitty, still a bit left and some smoothing out. Seeing how the Big Girl looks in her future home too.

1%252520680.jpg

As you can see also, I was able to grout out the base last night smoothing thing out a bit!

1%252520681.jpg

1%252520683.jpg

Tonight when I got back I started adding some color tones to the stone work. I want to add a wash or two and a filter in there as well....then on to some dust!!

1%252520688.jpg

1%252520691.jpg

Hope to get some time tomorrow to play a little more.

Thanks for dropping in!! ;)

That is looking REAL sharp. Excellent work painting the stones.
So what did you use for the cobble stones and grout?

Thank you Fellas! ;)

@noname - The bottom of the base is 1" XPS (standard rigid foam board) all of the brick work is Air Dry Modeling Clay bought from Walmart for about $8 a tub...used about a handful only. LOL, thought I had some grout leftover from a job a while back...ended up using fast curing drywall compound (45 min) mixed real thin. Worked it in with my fingers and a small sponge and washing it with the same damp sponge a few times. The gritty appearance was some real fine sand I found on a job site way back. Had it saved for just such an occasion. Worked that in with my fingers lightly, brushed off what I could and let dry a bit. Took a stiff brush and the loose stuff came right off after that! ;D

T,

it was a blast hanging out with you yesterday, glad you had fun over Steve's. That place is always a good time with the Nordland guys, only wish we could do it more often.

The Panther looked even better in person than it does here and it's the way I like to see Panthers, brewed up! ;D

The base looks even better now too, the way you've picked out the different colors of stones is awesome.

Have to agree with Ken on this one. Kitty and base both look great.....and even better in person. Had a great time yesterday, MSC should meet more often.

oh now that base is kicking it up a notch. looks real nice

Thanks Gents!!

@ Ken & Rob - Agreed..just plain FUN (what it's all about!). And yeah, more little group build/meetings (in that order) are a must!! ;D

@Spud - Thanks buddy! I had my doubts a bit in the beginning, but once some of the color started coming out I am happier. Working on the manhole cover at the moment. Trying something new to get the rusting. Update a bit later.

;)

if your interested i have a spare one ive had for ages from plus models its resin, unless of course you already have one :)

Thanks spud...think I am working it out at the moment!! Good to know tho!! ::)

Starting things off with a little dusting tonight...

1%252520729.jpg

1%252520731.jpg

TBC...

Thanks for looking in on me!! ;)

Thank you Gentlemen! ;D

After a little thinking and some nudging from a fried, I'm going to darken the manhole a bit tonight. Tomorrow a little searching for some rubble ideas and getting kitty to "sit"!! 8)

Hey fellas!!

Little update...

Just getting the rubble started a bit here. With plenty of leftover clay pieces, I wanted to try out some of the K4 pigments I received. After diluting some Life Color and Badger Paints for the brick tones, I began to stipple in some pigments. Still have a few things to add here and there but I am getting closer! ;D

1740.jpg

1742.jpg

1747.jpg

TBC....

Thanks for stopping by!!

ill be sad when this is finished but it is blooming epic

Latest posts

Back