Aves Apoxie Sculpt

urumomo

I figured while I wait for some stuff to cure I'd post this for what it's worth -

I've had these two containers af Apoxie Sculpt for like 3 years .

Now they package this stuff stacked together as below , like a whole lotta other two-part products , secured with plastic film :

20160407_154500_zpsi8v8tnqf.jpg

and I had them stacked at the bench like that .
But a couple years ago -- or maybe less ??? -- I noticed the Part B was discolored and drying out and becoming stiff :

20160407_153658_zpsdrbnqqcf.jpg

I use this stuff sporadically , so it may have been sitting for months unused prior to the discovery .

So now I store them as below so there is even pressure around the sealing surface of the lid and I haven't seen any more deterioration .

20160407_153631_zpsfrm50unh.jpg

I discarded some of the worst of it . It still cures completely but it seems to cure faster now - but that might just be perception .

Anyone else seen this ?

Uru

Meh .
I wouldn't be that generous .
The worst of it -- and only Part B was affected -- was too dried out to provide a workable mix .

True , the product appears to cure completely but it's ( the messed up amount :( ) essentially unusable as a sculpting medium.

I used a chunk of the the worst as ballast for a project that required no finesse ;D

HI my Part B looks exactly like with you. After a few years passed the always believe.

Latest posts

Back